Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that a couple of small patches of paint has worn off near the driver side fog light. I'm guessing it's from rubbing against a small snow drift. I also have a deep scratch on my trunk. Anyone know how I'd go about fixing them? Thanks for any help.
It's too dark out to take pics, I'll try to add some tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
34,041 Posts
Has the paint worn right down to the plastic, or gone through the clearcoat? Or is it like fine scratches?

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
sounds like it chipped off.. i have seen it happen where it starts as a rock chip and peels away. To be honest you can touch it up, your best bet is probably fascia repaint.

·
Premium Member
34,041 Posts
I think the fender is down to the plastic. It's gray and the trunk has a deap scratch that is white.
In that case, like Todd said, it will need to be repainted. Touch up paint can work, but it may be too noticable, depending on the size of the damaged area.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In that case, like Todd said, it will need to be repainted. Touch up paint can work, but it may be too noticable, depending on the size of the damaged area.
I think I can get away with touching up the fender, but what is the process? Do I have to take the fender off? What kind of primer and top coat should I use?
Thanks a lot for the help.

·
Premium Member
34,041 Posts
I think I can get away with touching up the fender, but what is the process? Do I have to take the fender off? What kind of primer and top coat should I use?
Thanks a lot for the help.
Aproximatly how big is the area of the damage? You may get away with just using the touch up paint itself..(the kind in the little bottle that comes with a small brush, not the spray can)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aproximatly how big is the area of the damage? You may get away with just using the touch up paint itself..(the kind in the little bottle that comes with a small brush, not the spray can)
It's two spots not far from each other, one is probably an inch square and the other a little smaller.

·
Premium Member
34,041 Posts
It's two spots not far from each other, one is probably an inch square and the other a little smaller.
hmmm..sounds a little to big to use regular touch up on, and will probably look too noticable. Going the other route with paint/primer and such might be the best way. I am not familiar with it, as I have never attempted it.

Perhaps someone can else can chime in with some advice in that area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts