Chrysler 300 forum banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Did they say how much larger it is compared to factory?
Nah, maybe that's something I'll ask. They probably can't tell for sure, since the intake is made out of like plastic or something, and not metal. They probably could tell me about the throttle body though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
So I got my parts installed today. Not as easy as I would've liked, definitely a few memorable moments.

You see those two twin plastic rods? I don't know if there's any other way, but those must be pulled off, and the result is fuel spewing out all over the place until they've emptied(make sure you've got some gas in the tank).

Here's a picture of everything completely removed. Maybe I'll put together a DIY thread for this installation later.

Also, this guy(the 13mm bolt). What a pain in the arse:
Pain in the arse. It's in an extremely tight and awkward position. Definitely takes some patience to loosen it so that you can pull that black bracket off the intake manifold.

All in all, it's definitely a job almost any of us modders can do. The car felt great afterwards, now it's time to data log and get a custom tune from Johan. Hopefully we'll see about 20-30 points higher on the dyno.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Got my first custom tune from Johan M. tonight, and you can definitely feel a difference between it and the canned 93 octane tune.

The way it works is you send him your stock tune, and whatever tune your currently running via email, and he makes a generic custom tune to begin with. You then install his tune, and begin to data log.

I'll send him my log from my 30 minute trip to work, and and he'll adjust the tune according to the measured and recorded data. We do this song and dance until he's satisfied with the final result.

Hopefully this will be completed by Friday, because that's when I plan to return to get my final dyno, and then this experiment will come to its conclusion.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I love my Yohan tune. I used to just data log 0-100 WOT runs and he would make his adjustments off of that.

Love the hood and roof. Now you need to vinyl wrap the roof black so they flow....
Thanks, I'll look into that.

I found a place offering vynl wrapping, as well as carbon fiber wrapping. I have a panoramic moonroof though, so I need to find out if that's gonna be an issue.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Nice thread! New 3.6l owner checking in
Thanks, we've gotta great car it's just most of us bought it for the look, style, and luxury, not performance.

Still, that doesn't mean we can't improve what we've got, both motor and appearance. Can't wait till my rims get here. And I got my 2nd Johan tune today after some trouble with my device (pre-loaded data-logging templates weren't on the device, and know one knew why and how to put them their; Johan wouldn't do the tune without them).

Gonna drive it a couple times then do some WOTs for Johan, and we should be ready to go on Friday for the dyno if the shop has time for me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
So here it is:

As you can see, I've gained around 18 RWHP, and 29 ft-lbs of torque. The torque gain is significant, and I love how it feels in comparison to stock. So this seems to be the end of my motor modifications, being there isn't going to be any headers made for the 3.6L due to design.

Here's the list of my modifications:

1. K&N Cold Air Intake
2. Borla Catback Exhaust
3. Ported Throttle Body
4. Ported Intake Manifold
5. Diablosport Custom Tune by Johan M.(Diablotoona)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Shouldn't be a problem. In fact it will save you money since they won't need to wrap that portion of the roof.
Got an appointment for my roof to get the vynl gloss black wrap on Tuesday the 13th.

Should mesh well with my hood, trunk, and new rims.......whenever FedEx decides to get'em here to me:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Did BT really cut it backwards? smh I freaking LOVE Heidi, Dan, Nick and the whole crew over there but they really gotta work on their QC.
Yeah, their work is immaculate, but I as others have recieved catch can's with missing components; and now this.

I trust that they'll rectify the problem, but that's money out of their pocket. Not a good way to run a business.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Finally got my wheels put on!

Dropping off the ride to get the roof vynl wrapped in an hour as well. Another great thing I did today was buy some snow tires for my stock rims. Belle Tire, the shop I got the tires from; has a storage program. They'll bag and store my wheels until I'm ready to get them put on for the winter, and then do the same for my summer wheels for $80 per season($160 yearly).

Saves me space in my garage, plus they'll protect them better than I could(I have 4 boys), clean-balance-mount every season. That's stuff I'd rather let someone else do(no fun in that kind of work).

I'll share pics of my ride after the roof is done.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts