Chrysler 300 forum banner

Pentastar Performance

75K views 114 replies 33 participants last post by  CtCarl 
#1 ·
Well, I don't know why there's so little interest in the 3.6L engine, I'm sure there are a million of us out here with it. But I am one who only a mere two weeks ago never thought about any mods for my Limited.

I'm hoping I can get some chatter started in the 3.6 corner of this site. There's so much valuable information everywhere else on this site, but it seems as if there's little to no interest in probably Chrylser's most sold engine period.

#79 ·
Did BT really cut it backwards? smh I freaking LOVE Heidi, Dan, Nick and the whole crew over there but they really gotta work on their QC.
Yeah, their work is immaculate, but I as others have recieved catch can's with missing components; and now this.

I trust that they'll rectify the problem, but that's money out of their pocket. Not a good way to run a business.

#80 ·
Finally got my wheels put on!

Dropping off the ride to get the roof vynl wrapped in an hour as well. Another great thing I did today was buy some snow tires for my stock rims. Belle Tire, the shop I got the tires from; has a storage program. They'll bag and store my wheels until I'm ready to get them put on for the winter, and then do the same for my summer wheels for $80 per season($160 yearly).

Saves me space in my garage, plus they'll protect them better than I could(I have 4 boys), clean-balance-mount every season. That's stuff I'd rather let someone else do(no fun in that kind of work).

I'll share pics of my ride after the roof is done.

#84 ·
Also, looking around online there seems to be ported throttle bodies, and ported intake manifolds on the market now. I'm going to call Tunerworks and see what they say about them, if they recommend them, etc. If they do, I'll get them installed, and see if they make a difference.

#86 ·
Hey man, nice mods! I also got the K/N CAI and a borla cat back exhaust.. sounds sooo nice, but does your car make the same noise as mine when it revs high? Check my youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvnqpKeY0Wg

At 7 seconds is the sound im talking about.
Do you have yours tuned? Made a hell of a difference, I honestly don't remember what it used to sound like before I had mine tuned.

It also sounded a lot more deeper after I ported my TB and AIM.

#94 ·
Ive thumbed through this thread and have a couple questions. What products have you guys had the best results with and have they held up over time? I recently purchased a 3.6 and wanting to create more power of course. Ive spent a bit of time researching the Tidalwave Superchargers and have some rather mixed feelings really.

#96 ·
#97 ·
Air Intake replacement

Hello there, looks like a great thing to do. I have the same exact car, white with the 20" wheels and tinted windows.

Am looking to replace the air intake with the CAI; where can I order this and how difficult it will be to replace?
I am a "do it myself" type of guy but if it's complicated I can take it to my mechanic.

I would like to know where I can order this and what is the cost?

I live in Canada.

Thanks!!..

Miguel

#98 ·
Hello there, looks like a great thing to do. I have the same exact car, white with the 20" wheels and tinted windows.

Am looking to replace the air intake with the CAI; where can I order this and how difficult it will be to replace?
I am a "do it myself" type of guy but if it's complicated I can take it to my mechanic.

I live in Canada.

Thanks!!..

Miguel
I have a K&N on my 2012 300S with 3.6L.

It was easy to put on-minimal tools and seems to work great.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=63-1564

#100 ·

I live in Canada.

Thanks!!..

Miguel
Hey, fellow Canuck! :p

I just installed the AirAid CAI in my 3.6 300 - ordered it through Amazon.ca. Was $320 after shipping and taxes. Takes 45 min tops to install, and uses the stock fitments. Works great!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.