Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I used to be a member here back around 2007 when I had my 2006 300.
I need some help/advice. This all sounds messed up but I can't figure it out. I've looked at Tazer and trinity tuners and want to purchase one or the other one day but for now it's a luxury.
Anyways I bought a 17 300 just a base or touring not an "s" or "c" or anything.
It's been a great car for the last 3 years I've been driving it. I bought it used in 2019.
Now the funny part...
Yesterday (atleast that's when I noticed) performance pages showed up in my "apps" on my uconnect. I'm always playing with settings in there but for the first time it's there. It has a working engine monitor section and untested but settable launch control, but the sport mode and norm mode settings are unchangeable. The weird part is, paddle is shown as on, and I don't have paddle shifters. The eng/Trans is set to normal, paddle is set to on, traction set to normal etc. When I try to change them, they light up for aprox 1 second then revert.
The image/background is a challenger 4 or 5 different angles.
I've never had any tuner etc
Is it possible the pcm has been swapped (diablosport etc? ) and or a tazer was used and would this result in my odd display? Why would performance pages be there with no changes being made effective? The car works 100% its just the pages are there and I have no clue why now and not less than a month ago when I was playing with all the settings etc ( and yes I access apps screen ) so I would have seen it. And why a challenger or is that the default picture for performance pages?

Hope someone can shed some light on this. I've googled the hell out of it to no luck

·
Registered
508 Posts
Something changed the configuration settings in your BCM. The dealer could have done it with wiTech, or you or someone else could have done it with AlfaOBD or DiagFCA.

I've never heard of a failure resulting in configuration changes, but I suppose it's possible.

I'd take it into a dealership to have your BCM reflashed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent had it into the dealer since early 2020. I haven't done anything to it, and honestly I'm not going to pay the stealership to do something like refresh the bcm. It's not causing any problems, I just want to know if maybe it's remnants from someone having a tazer etc before I bought it back in 2019.
I like being able to see the guages or engine display pages.
If someone unlocked it previously though... why didn't the performance pages show up till recently. And why are paddles turned on etc when I dont have paddles lol
All just alot of questions

·
Registered
508 Posts
I havent had it into the dealer since early 2020. I haven't done anything to it, and honestly I'm not going to pay the stealership to do something like refresh the bcm. It's not causing any problems, I just want to know if maybe it's remnants from someone having a tazer etc before I bought it back in 2019.
I like being able to see the guages or engine display pages.
If someone unlocked it previously though... why didn't the performance pages show up till recently. And why are paddles turned on etc when I dont have paddles lol
All just alot of questions
You can do (or not do) whatever you want. But the fact that you have an image of a Challenger tells me that the chassis type has been changed in your BCM. If there's a way to do that with a Tazer, I'm not aware of it.

That leaves deliberate change with a scantool, or some sort of unexplained failure.

Having the dealer reflash your BCM now based on VIN shouldn't be more than an hour's labor. But if there is a subsequent failure that leaves the car undriveable, all bets are off. Every service writer's eyes spin and come up on "Jackpot" when a tow comes in.

It's cheap and easy to buy AlfaOBD ($49) and a $15 Bluetooth adapter, save the factory configuration (that's the key...you don't have one) and make all the changes you like. You can easily restore the factory config anytime and for any reason.

Right now, from your description, you may be driving a grenade with the pin pulled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts