Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at installing the AVIC-D3 in my 2008 300 and was wondering firstly if it will fit and also if I'll need the same mounting kit, harness, etc. as older models. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I pulled out the stock deck and tried to slide the AVIC-D3 in but it wouldn't fit completely, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but there doesn't appear to be enough room.

·
Premium Member
15,840 Posts
What did your 08 come with as a stereo ? was it the mygig unit ? If it's a double din unit it should fit . You gotta move alot of wires to squeeze it in as it is tight . Love my D3 in my 06 as well .

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
did you have the stock nav unit or the stock c/d player? If you had the c/d player then you have to remove the white plastic piece from behind there. Once that is removed there should be more then enough room.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the stock cd player, I'll go give it another shot and see what happens, I was looking at getting all the install gear from crutchfield, they seem to have everything I need but is there a better place to go?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
sounds cool, just take a look to see if that piece is in there because that's what is probably taking up the room. Once that is gone there should be plenty of room to add your Pioneer without issue.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I took it all apart again and there were no white pieces, and rather then try and explain what's going on here I'll upload a couple pictures, tell me what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
ok.......I am looking at it and it looks normal like everything should fit.....since you still need the mounting kit I would say that you might have to wait to get that because some decks protrude forward once installed and that gives them the needed room. Just how far back are you placing the deck?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I was trying to push it back as far as it goes and I put the cover back over it and the deck barely fits through that and it protrudes out at least a couple inches.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
unfortunately it probably will protrude....I have a new Eclipse nav deck that looks factory and sits flush like the factory nav....however, before I had that deck I had a different Eclipse deck and it protruded outwards and didn't look factory at all. I think that it will fit because compared with other vehicles there is a lot of room back there. You really can't be certain until you have that mounting bracket so you can try to line it up with the screw holes there. I don't know what else to tell you, I have a mounting surround that you can have to test it out if you'd like. Just the price of shipping and you can have it.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
with an envelope and postage probably like $2.50 or 3 bucks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well that would make sense, I'm going to look up all the parts I'm going to need and hopefully install it next week, I'll let you guys know how it goes, thanks for the help everyone!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just an update, I ordered all the parts from crutchfield today and the ipod cable from best buy so all I need is to get the nav bezel which I should be able to order on Thursday.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
great to hear....if you can't find the bezel then somebody on lxforums is selling an 08' navi bezel for $120 shipped.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, that would be awesome, I'm joining that forum to make a post but if you could get me the email too that would be great.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts