Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I got pulled over for my license plate light being dead. Turns out, there's nothing there to put a bulb in!! I bought the housing at NAPA, but they said that Chyrsler told him that the wires should be there...There is nothing but a hole.

The NAPA guy and myself figure that the wiring must have fallen into the bumper area. Is this possible? Also, is this something that can be fixed by my DH? He is a locomotive mechanic/electrician. I bought the Chrysler Haynes book, but all they tell you is how to change the bulb!

Anyone know what to do with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. =)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol. yeah. We figured that! ANy thoughts on how to get it out?? Do I have to take off the bumper or is there an access panel??

·
Registered
414 Posts
Mine exits under the passengers tail light thru a grommet and heads to the center right above the area where the License plate light lamp sits. Its easy to remove the taillight assembly with the two plastic wing nuts inside the trunk that will help you see it from above,hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine exits under the passengers tail light thru a grommet and heads to the center right above the area where the License plate light lamp sits. Its easy to remove the taillight assembly with the two plastic wing nuts inside the trunk that will help you see it from above,hope this helps.

YES! This most definitely helps! I'll let you know how it turns out! THANKS!!!:D

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Unless it's somehow wedged in between the bumper and the reinforce frame? not sure what it's called but it's there like the front and only way is to remove the bumper which isn't that too difficult. btw did the cop give you a ticket for that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Couldnt see anything taking out the passenger tailight i tried putting tape on a charging cable hoping it might stick nope.. smh i think i see it its laying flat from the litte hole

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yoo i had to look under the bumper and it was there i think i need some to hold the screws cause they dont stay im using tape for now lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts