Please help!!! Major electrical malfunction

Discussion in 'Chrysler 300 Electrical Problems and Questions' started by Lewis, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Lewis

Lewis New Member

Vehicle:
    Chrysler 300c awd 5.7l
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2006
    Trim?:
    AWD 300C
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Where do I start!? Okay so I just bought a 06 Chrysler 300c 5.7l hemi with 80k miles. It's been running great for the first week then last night i run inside the gas station for 2 mins and when I got into my car it was shaking bad and the radio wouldn't work. I killed the engine right away. Tried to start it up and nothing so I placed a battery pack on the battery and it started right up. Radio worked again also. A mile down the road my radio,speedo and front windows stop working. Car ended up dying on my 3 miles away. I got a ride to autozone and got a alternator and replaced it quick. It started right up and seemed fine. Started driving away and I noticed my blinkers,wipers,power steering wheel tilt, cruise and front windows wouldn't work also the transmission seems to only work in 1st gear! I can't go over 35mph. Autozone tested the car and said the only code that shows up is my (abs) but has no idea why the steering wheel column isn't working. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I'm thinking it's some kind of electrical problem.

2. jkelly16

jkelly16 Hey y'all, watch this! Administrator Moderator

Vehicle:
    Challenger
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2009
    Trim?:
    Charger R/T
    Color?:
    Custom
    Test the battery if it was not already done. Even a slightly low voltage can cause issues.

Lewis likes this.
  3. Lewis

Lewis New Member

Vehicle:
    Chrysler 300c awd 5.7l
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2006
    Trim?:
    AWD 300C
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black

autozone tested it for me and said it's 100% but I'm thinking I'll just buy a battery and see what happens. Thanks a lot!

4. Lewis

Lewis New Member

Vehicle:
    Chrysler 300c awd 5.7l
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2006
    Trim?:
    AWD 300C
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    I put a new battery in hoping it would fix the issue but it didn't... I'm thinking it has to be the ecu. I idea what else would cause this