Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Fast. Very, very fast.
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - here's my best ever.....so far:

That run is in COLD weather with a tailwind. It's with headers, catback, and 180 degree thermostat.

However - now I have B&G Stage II, know how to use my fans, and most importantly - ZEX nitrous installed. Weather permitting, I'll finally set a new personal best this Tuesday.

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
Bump cause more people gotta have gone to the strip.....and you better have a new personal best coming this week.....or I'm making a trip to indy just to kick your azz.

But my best drag time was to Infinity AND BEYOND

·
Registered
938 Posts
I know I have high 12's in this car bone stock.

My scanner isn't working but I promise to scan and update this post.

Hot weather... kinda humid (summer time)..

13.2 @ 106 mph

And I am still bone stock. I have cutouts now but I'll keep them closed when I go back during the winter. I want 12's stock. No intake, no exhaust, nothing, all stock :)

·
Fast. Very, very fast.
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I have high 12's in this car bone stock.

My scanner isn't working but I promise to scan and update this post.

Hot weather... kinda humid (summer time)..

13.2 @ 106 mph

And I am still bone stock. I have cutouts now but I'll keep them closed when I go back during the winter. I want 12's stock. No intake, no exhaust, nothing, all stock :)
It's doable. Do you have a track with low elevation, low humidity, and good cool weather? If so - it's very doable.

·
Registered
675 Posts
:hah:

I'm on the right, almost embarrased to put it up there with what the rest of you are running, but it was my first time ever at the track. Heading out there again - hopefully a few times when the fall air arrives, in search of the ultimate internet signature time and mph:D Hopefully have a Diablo by that time.

Eric

Edit:I realize that's not very readable. Both races were against a friend and his Lexus IS350. He recorded his best and worst runs of the night on those consecutive runs.

60 ft: 2.259 2.119 2.164 2.121
1/4 14.100 13.577 13.797 13.590
mph 99.76 107.20 101.02 107.10

Eric

·
Fast. Very, very fast.
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing wrong with those times. Of course - if you'd ever drive up to Indy, I'd help you lower them a bit! :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Nothing wrong with those times. Of course - if you'd ever drive up to Indy, I'd help you lower them a bit! :)
I hope to take you up on that before the end of the season. You thinking about going to the SRT experience in September? My wife and I are going on Thursday the 20th I think.

Eric

·
Registered
67 Posts
I hope to take you up on that before the end of the season. You thinking about going to the SRT experience in September? My wife and I are going on Thursday the 20th I think.

Eric
Going to the same one in Indy on the 20th!

My best time so far is a 13.1 at 106.8 mph (adjusted for that day and heat it was a 12.7).

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ran my personal best tonight at IRP.... 13.05 at 107mph (and I had bad spin off the line thanks to the overly wet track).

Not bad for a stock car. I think I would have broke into 12's if I would've hooked up faster. I need to check my correction speed... but I bet it's in the 12.6 range?

·
Fast. Very, very fast.
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ran my personal best tonight at IRP.... 13.05 at 107mph (and I had bad spin off the line thanks to the overly wet track).

Not bad for a stock car. I think I would have broke into 12's if I would've hooked up faster. I need to check my correction speed... but I bet it's in the 12.6 range?
Yup!! Mark had GREAT times!! Congrats on smashing your old record. I recall earlier in the night you ran a 13.19 and said that was a new record. What was your record before last night?

Mark and I watched about 50 cars go down the strip, including about 6 Corvettes, including a pair of C6 vettes (but not Z06 versions, although one was a turbocharged C6).

My 12.18 was faster than all of the vettes!!!

Also, Mark ran heads up with one of the Vettes.....

And won!!!!

He reportedly tells the timeslip booth lady:

"ticket to go racing: $15"
"beating a Vette with a 4200 pound sedan: Priceless"

LOL!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah they were cracking up over that one. I doubt the guy in the Vette found it as funny though... heh. I still can't believe how fast you are now Matt. On our first run you beat me by at least 6-7 car lengths ... crazy fast. My best before was also a 13.19 (like 3 times... hadn't been able to crack it).

I was surprised how many fast cars were there last night... the cold brings em out. I counted at least 5 cars in the high 11 second range... and another 6 in the low to mid 12 range. That piece of crap Thunderbird that ran a 12.33s was the biggest surprise of the night for me.

·
Fast. Very, very fast.
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if you recall - our head's up race was when I put the stock computer back in. The B&G shaved .26 seconds off my time, which would have been 3 more car lengths.

You'll have to consider coming out next Friday - track prep should be pretty darn good! (it's practice for the weekend professional bracket races)

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Tonight

Just got back from Speedworld in AZ. 95 degrees, 26 percent humidity, 1900 ft elevation, 13.192 @ 110.159 uncorrected. Not bad for a 4160 lb "Sedan" with a stock engine, no power adders, and only bolt ons (CAI, Exhaust...)

Hopefully we'll get some cooler air one of these nights so I'll finally be in the 12's!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
No slip to post but I have no reason to put up false #s. What's the point? It's like cheating in golf. If you shoot a 105 and put 90 on your scorecard, you still suck!!

Atco - March of this year

Humid and unseasonably hot for March. It was in the 80s.

60' - 2.011
1/4 - 13.164
MPH - 106.54

Only mod is a K&N drop in. I have F1s and was running 34 PSI all the way around.

It's definitely got a 12.8 - 9 in it. Next time I'll ice the intake a bit as my temps were in 212 - 217 range on each run.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm afraid to post my times, but I'm sure you guys will be nice to me. :)
LACR - 14.846 @ 93.282. But this is with my very heavy 22"s and I didn't have the nitrous back then. I still have to take it to the track with stock wheels and nitrous. I actually miss going to the track. Its been a few months now.

·
Fast. Very, very fast.
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm afraid to post my times, but I'm sure you guys will be nice to me. :)
LACR - 14.846 @ 93.282. But this is with my very heavy 22"s and I didn't have the nitrous back then. I still have to take it to the track with stock wheels and nitrous. I actually miss going to the track. Its been a few months now.
No joking here. You're already faster than everyone who's never gone to the track!!! Nice thing is, you'll now be ready for the "I set a new personal record" stage, which is the most fun of all.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts