Chrysler 300 forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,840 Posts
If you get your reaction time down a bit and get a better 60' time ....coupled with cooler / less humid weather (a good density altitude ).....I see you ran in June ...........you should be knocking on 13 sec . Great number for a stock car .................:smiley_thumbs_up:-Mike

My car numbers where 41 and 718. Ran SRT-8 allstock no mods.:4-wavey::4-wavey:

·
Registered
675 Posts

I know you cannot see, it says:
60ft: 2.063
1/8: 8.55
mph: 83.14
1/4: 13.128
mph: 108.42

I definitely think the 12s are in reach! My mods are AFE intake, a 185 t-stat and a 25 cent fan mod.

Eric

·
Fast. Very, very fast.
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I know you cannot see, it says:
60ft: 2.063
1/8: 8.55
mph: 83.14
1/4: 13.128
mph: 108.42

I definitely think the 12s are in reach! My moda are AFE intake, a 185 t-stat and a 25 cent fan mod.

Eric
That's your new record, isn't it? Nice job. You should be able to get a 12.xx at that track soon.
My first 12.xx runs were at Tri-State. They prep the track pretty decent. You gave up .07 in the first 60 feet. You should be able to get a 1.99 at that track. Then you'll more than make up the next .05 over the final 1260 feet. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Yeah it is a new personal best, by a long shot. I finally combined ESP fully off with a fresh pull of fuse 11 and had the coolant temp down to 175. With a better 60' time that could have been a 12.9x I bet. There's at least one more track date in store this fall to chase that.

Eric

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well it took me awhile to get this posted, but here it is

the corrected is 12.92 @ 106.58
49 degrees 57% humidity track alt 1024 feet bar. 29.9 inches
5.7 with cai, borla cat back, nitto drag radials, and of course the 100 shot of zex:smiley_thumbs_up:
this was my first 1/4 mile run untill then only ran 1/8 the best there was 8.49
dam i gotta get that back seat out before it snows:naughty:
engine temp was 166, and went right after a truck that laid down two fresh rubber strips about 80 feet long:D

·
Fast. Very, very fast.
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well it took me awhile to get this posted, but here it is
the corrected is 12.92 @ 106.58
49 degrees 57% humidity track alt 1024 feet bar. 29.9 inches
5.7 with cai, borla cat back, nitto drag radials, and of course the 100 shot of zex:smiley_thumbs_up:
this was my first 1/4 mile run untill then only ran 1/8 the best there was 8.49
dam i gotta get that back seat out before it snows:naughty:
engine temp was 166, and went right after a truck that laid down two fresh rubber strips about 80 feet long:D
Nicely done, but oh how frustrating I know that is!!!! It's the ever elusive 12 second run. Close. You'll get it.

Nice run regardless - especially for a 5.7L.

·
Registered
238 Posts
thanks matt, we have a box no box race tomorrow in the 1/8, it was rained out on sat. i went out one round before the money last week, there were an odd number of cars so the car with the best reaction got the bye run in the next round. i was cuttin some good lights like.5105 to .5014 range all day but i red lighted in that round with a .4998:shakehead:. but i went 8.41 on a on 8.4 dial in, and the car i ran cut a .4244 light and broke out by 3 tenths, however they dialed 7.2 so i actually red lighted first, and first foul loses so oh well next time for sure:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Fast. Very, very fast.
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
thanks matt, we have a box no box race tomorrow in the 1/8, it was rained out on sat. i went out one round before the money last week, there were an odd number of cars so the car with the best reaction got the bye run in the next round. i was cuttin some good lights like.5105 to .5014 range all day but i red lighted in that round with a .4998:shakehead:. but i went 8.41 on a on 8.4 dial in, and the car i ran cut a .4244 light and broke out by 3 tenths, however they dialed 7.2 so i actually red lighted first, and first foul loses so oh well next time for sure:smiley_thumbs_up:
Nice runs. Sorry I missed this post earlier.

To avoid confusing people, some tracks use 0.000 as a perfect light. Others use 0.500 as a perfect light.

So those reaction times are really .105 to .014 away from perfect. Anything under .100 is pretty decent. Below .050 and you're getting competitive. Below .025 (like that vest one you had) is competitive on any track at any event!

I broke out at my last bracket race by 3 thousandths of a second! 11.997 on a 12.000 dial. Arrrrrrgggghh!!! So I know how you feel to redlight by a mere 2 thousandths!

·
Registered
238 Posts
i actually did well that day at the track:D

i won the no box section that afternoon:smiley_thumbs_up: got that cheesy plaque and $777 (it was crazy 7's day or somethin like that) and was the fastest hemi there (dont live in a big mopar area i guess) . So what mod is next with the cash you might be askin, well the wife has plans for a new bathroom so i am sure its gonna cost me a bit more than that :158:

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts

Pacific Raceways: Kent / Seattle Washington

There were 9 of us & I was the only 300, and the only one representing our beloved forum. The rest was the LX crowd & I had the fastest time, however it was close with a SRT8 Charger with a 12.8. Everyone had a Predator... no surprise there.

CAI 93 Tune, Airhammer, Exhaust cutouts for MODS + Race Fuel.

My first run EVER was with cold tires and Ambient temp. @ 33 degrees - I spun the tires and ran a 13.9, YUK.

Then it was bracket racing (60 degrees Ambient & well conditioned track w/180 degree engine temp.); I vaguely understood what bracket racing was. So I was racing "Slims Magnum" SRT8 from LX forums. Opened the cutouts, got a CRAZY smokey burnout. Hooked up immediately and pulled a 12.703, but broke out of my 13:05. Hey I didn't care, I beat Slim by 5 car lengths & for my second drag race EVER I'm satisfied.

WOW, this is FUN!!!!! :D

·
Premium Member
5,181 Posts
Mods in Sig, on Street tires a few weeks back. I think the DA was between +700-900.
Had negative DA and drag radials today, but the track was closed before I got to run, they were having problems with the rubber coming up... UGH.
Hoping for a 12.6 with DRs and good air.

Not bad for a 5.7 :D

·
Registered
675 Posts

I have reached half my goal for the year with a 109+ trap speed:smiley_thumbs_up: now I just gotta dial in that launch for a 12.9x et...I'm bummed to say that I'm not getting any better at it:4-dontknow: Car is running strong though so I cannot complain;) The DA was about 700 on this particular day.

Track conditions are always so different from day to day.

Eric

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
In the 12's

Finally, last night, I broke into the 12's!!!

My second run of the night was a 12.95, then a 12.97, then a 12.90, then...

12.85 at 112.9+MPH!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!

Not bad for a "Sedan".

All this with the entire interior still in my car, with the hood on!!!

4160 lb sedan + 195 lb driver + GS Motorsports Bolt Ons + Diablo Predator (tuned by Scott at GSM) = 12.85!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Finallly in the 11SEC

Ran at VMP Friday nite full of Pontiacs getting ready for their big Event Saturday. Only LX in the whole bunch running. Well needless to say the 300 held its own and had folks shaking their heads as 11sec 4 door Luxury car.

Pretty good for running 2 11 sec runs back to back.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
great trappin speed

Here are my last slips from the track...doin a 100shot and crappy used rsa tires...went out and got some 17s DRs after that night...i'm just spinning crazy...just 2weeks ago i have been tune by rdp and my car makes 444.73RWHP so i went to track 2 days ago to try and bring my 60ft times down and have increase the shot to 125...but the track got rained out..crap
hopefully i can reach the 11s

·
Registered
675 Posts
First time to the track with the SRT (car # 407). 84% humidity, 78 degrees, 3300 D/A.

That's better than you think, good trap for the time...your 8 is making it's power.

Here's an update for me, I'm on the left for both runs:

Eric

21 - 40 of 59 Posts