Chrysler 300 forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Hanging so close to the 12's has me wanting to take things further with the power adders. lol I have a Mopar Intake and resonator delete.

I may just grab some DR's with stock power in hopes of seeing a 12.9x. What do you all think? I realize there are some concerns with the stock halfshafts, but at stock HP levels and pretty much NOT a frequent track goer... I was hoping this may not cause too many issues.

Looking at the Predator, seems as though I'll need a custom tune to see some real gains, so traction was first on my list.

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
Hanging so close to the 12's has me wanting to take things further with the power adders. lol I have a Mopar Intake and resonator delete.

I may just grab some DR's with stock power in hopes of seeing a 12.9x. What do you all think? I realize there are some concerns with the stock halfshafts, but at stock HP levels and pretty much NOT a frequent track goer... I was hoping this may not cause too many issues.

Looking at the Predator, seems as though I'll need a custom tune to see some real gains, so traction was first on my list.

With just those mods a CMR won't do major improvements over a canned tune. And you will see some nice gains at the track with the predator.

And launching on DR's you shouldn't have too many concerns at stock levels...but you shouldn't be spinning them too bad at stock power at the track unless they have terrible prep.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
With just those mods a CMR won't do major improvements over a canned tune. And you will see some nice gains at the track with the predator.

And launching on DR's you shouldn't have too many concerns at stock levels...but you shouldn't be spinning them too bad at stock power at the track unless they have terrible prep.
I hear what you're saying on the CMR tune, but it seems as though the only real thing I'll gain from the Predator without a custom tune is more aggressive shifting. The power levels seem to vary from either losing HP or gaining very little with my mostly stock setup. I don't know... might be worth it in the end just for the shifting.

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
I hear what you're saying on the CMR tune, but it seems as though the only real thing I'll gain from the Predator without a custom tune is more aggressive shifting. The power levels seem to vary from either losing HP or gaining very little with my mostly stock setup. I don't know... might be worth it in the end just for the shifting.

I've never seen anyone lose hp with the predator? I've only seen gains of 11-26 hp

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I've never seen anyone lose hp with the predator? I've only seen gains of 11-26 hp
Maybe I do too much reading on the forums. lol I read a single post regarding a dyno proven loss and I start to generalize.

Maybe I should just grab one up and see what happens with my 1/4 times with just the canned tune.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
For reference, there are a few threads showing HP losses with the Diablo. They are from the Forums though, so I don't want to post links. You can find a few of these while searching through Diablo results.

Maybe the more precise shifting and lack of "big brother" controls would make it worth it though.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Within a shouting distance of that 11.49 Roll Bar Door

I was anxious to try out my new Custom CCW rims and ET Street Drags....

In fact I was told that I had lifted my front wheels on the 1.70 60FT... by the track offical as i was picking up my timeslip but as much as I want to believe it well...you know good for an illusion. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wow shows you what a difference a year makes.
1.70 60Fts would now PISS the heck out of me ...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Nothing great. First time,I know I can get better,but it's only a C

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
this is my first time im gonna go again soon to get the launch down pat just incase you cant read itim # 464 13.1 at 108 with a 2.12 60 ft
102_1637.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah it is a new personal best, by a long shot. I finally combined ESP fully off with a fresh pull of fuse 11 and had the coolant temp down to 175. With a better 60' time that could have been a 12.9x I bet. There's at least one more track date in store this fall to chase that.

Eric
Being my first time at the track I was still a little disappointed with my times. I reeeeeeally wanted to get into the 12's. I also pulled 11 and ran full auto for my best time of 13.3. I did not turn off the ESP for fear of spinning too much. What are all of the little tricks you guys use to get your best time? Manuel shift, ESP on/off, RPM's at light...etc...?

I also have cai and predator tune.

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
Best so far, and trying darnedest to better this time within the next couple weeks before I put the car away for the winter. I was close this past Saturday a 12.62 @ 112.14, 60' 1.901, RT .281

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bad times

Okay so I took my 06 srt to the track today and my best time was a 13.64.. It's stock but I have the diablo. I see ppl all over with way better times, so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Anyone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2012 chrysler srt-8 bone stock run then mod run

my best run had some wheel spin but was able to get a decent hook, ran a 12.7 @ 111 bone stock and 0-60 in 4.6 seconds bone stock, then i installed an true cold air fender mounted system and a ported trottle body and shaved both times down .2, ran the 0-60 in 4.4 and the 1/4 mile in 12.5, this car is amazing, havnt ran on a track yet, just been blazing up the streets and using the in car recording systems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Old post, but my brother and I are heading to the track July 31st. My Dart is leaking transmission fluid, so I can't go and whoop his ass like I want. I think I'll go anyway and take the 300. He is running a 1978 Dodge Warlock with a 5.7 Hemi and a Viper 6 speed manual. I am pretty sure my 300 will take him, but he'd have to run out of nitrous first. I know he ran 13.5 before the bottle, because I ran 11.9 in my Dart and walked right past him. He won't show me his time slips while bottle fed, and that means to me he didn't break into the 11's. He did dyno at 520hp / 680 ft/lbs at the wheels. I want to run him motor against motor, and I bet my stock SRT8 beats his tuned 5.7 with SRT exhaust. Plus, I won't have to worry so much about breaking my car and will have a/c and everything.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts