Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I'm a total newbie and I don't understand what I need to order to achieve the look I want. I looked up the laws for lights in the state of NH and it says no blue or red or amber warning lights. All other colors I guess are ok.

I would like to have the purple Halo's. with the regular stock headlights for my 06 300c. What exactly do I need to get? I would like to have the purple halos for my fogs too possibly.

Can somone point me in the right direction please?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
I don't like amber lights anyway... but I'm certain I can't use them unless we can have them not in a warning capacity. dunno
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XXI/266/266-78-i.htm

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XXI/266/266-78-h.htm

So just go to that website you mentioned and buy halos? I'm confused with the terms HID and xenon. Can I just buy a halo ring and put it around the stock headlights?

hid stands for high intensity discharge and are those really bright white/blue lights you see that several vehicles come standard with now a days and no you dont need hids for halos since its an entirely different thing...halos would be installed inside the headlight housing and would not interfere at all with the low beams or high beams or even the fogs if installed.

give Andy a call and i bet he would be more than happy to help you out and explain things in more detail :smileup:

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
In NH you can get pulled over for any color on your car. When I was 16 I found that out. NH is pretty much the worse state as far as modding your car goes, which is why I run NY plates

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have a set that AAC made me for my 300c in purple a while back

$100 shipped let me know

Never been installed

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've looked through all the road laws and equipment laws for NH and I don't see anything saying you have to use white lights only. I only read that you can't use amber, blue or red lights. I will call tomorrow to check but offhand can anyone tell me if it's okay to rock these while driving?

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
I've looked through all the road laws and equipment laws for NH and I don't see anything saying you have to use white lights only. I only read that you can't use amber, blue or red lights. I will call tomorrow to check but offhand can anyone tell me if it's okay to rock these while driving?

i would think about wiring them to a switch so you can turn them off or on with a touch of a button in case you know? cops will pull you over for any color that isnt "normal" on cars...

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Yes you will be pulled over, this was a daily occurrence for a few of my friends a few years back when I was in high school (esp. in Amherst/Merrimack/Nashua which were my stomping grounds). We had one cop make my friend take off a green light before he let us go. He asked if he could shut it off, the cop was a super **** (and we were 16 so we didn't know better)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
In NH you can get pulled over for any color on your car. When I was 16 I found that out. NH is pretty much the worse state as far as modding your car goes, which is why I run NY plates
no. that would be mass hands down. purple you will get tickets out the ass, and i wouldn't recommend coming to mass then..lol, i have 5k there white and bright no problems

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Also if it helps, here's the actual law from NH

266:45-a Additional Lighting Equipment. – Any vehicle 80 inches or more in overall width, if not otherwise required by this chapter, may be equipped with not more than 5 identification lamps showing to the front which shall emit an amber or white light without glare and with not more than 3 identification lamps showing to the rear which shall emit a red light without glare. Such lamps shall be grouped in a horizontal row, with lamp centers spaced not less than 6 nor more than 12 inches apart, and mounted on the permanent structure of the vehicle as close as practicable to the vertical center line. Any vehicle may be equipped with one or more side marker lamps, and any such lamp may be flashed in conjunction with turn or vehicular warning signals. Lamps allowed by this section shall be of a type approved by the director.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts