Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok there is so much out there its confusing!! and I can't find any kind of sticky on the best off the shelf products for our car.
1. First what is a good car wash????
2. Whats the best wax for our car?
3. Cleaner polish for chrome wheels?
I have some spots on my rims I want to clean off but what do I use to clean first and then polish them?? Here are some pics. You can't see them unless your really up close. But some chrome spray leaves marks on the rims. Do you just buy and try??? Anything I should stay away from????? I know a lot of ????? Also my rear seat leather has turned a little yellowish?? Is there something to restore the color?? I hope I can get some help thanks!!!

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
is that pits on the 2nd pic? I just use soap and water to wash my chrome wheesl then use Rain X to wipe and clean and makes it shine.

as for wax, I use Meguire product. I don't know about good car washing? I use 2 separate bucket, one for tire and one for the car. Clay the car once in a while , really makes a difference. then wax, polish. good 4hr workout :)

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Meguiar's makes some good products, including their Hot Wheels cleaner for chrome. If that is a pit in the chrome, nothing is gonna "clean" it out.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Right now I use mostly Meguires products on my cars. I do use a product from Eagle One called "Never Dull" I think thats what its called anyway.... I use that on a set of chrome deep dish rims I have and it works great. Its usually the last think I do. I go though alot of micro fiber towels when detailing the car but it is worth it. The cars always come out great.

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
i shyed away from a lot of those wheel sprays for a turtle wax chrome polish and cleaner it goes on like a creme and i really like it but makes my fingers hurt after. I dont like many armor all products i think they suck. Meguiars is pretty good stuff I use a lot of their products.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is that pits on the 2nd pic? I just use soap and water to wash my chrome wheesl then use Rain X to wipe and clean and makes it shine.

as for wax, I use Meguire product. I don't know about good car washing? I use 2 separate bucket, one for tire and one for the car. Clay the car once in a while , really makes a difference. then wax, polish. good 4hr workout :)
Not pits they are little black marks, thats why I need some kind of chrome cleaner to rub them out and shine the chrome. They took off the price of 1 rim because of the marks. So this one was free and I'm trying to see if I can get them out. They are extremly small and completely smooth. Can't figure if its below the chrome or what?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My door on black paint after second paint correction in one year done by myself with the help of good products.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts