Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: Whats the best product to remove egg yolk from paint finish?

Last night I heard a thump about midnite, someone egged my wife's caravan

Step one: Used car soap Armorall brand, still streaked = FAIL

Step two: Used GooGone Bug & Tar Remover, Streaking still = FAIL

So I am here to ask what else can I use, any help would be appreciated.

Meech

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
Hmm...

Hopefully they didn't coat the whole car and it's just a few spots.

I'd try windex..ammonia free..it'll remove the wax and all from those areas so it'll need another good cleanup, but it's safe for paint, and melts a lot of stuff. After that you might try wd-40.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Makes you wanta kill the little ba_ _ ards if you could catch them .
Unfortunately I have to refrain from commentary Tom, but Im sure you know my feelings.

Mike, thanks, I will try the ammonia free stuff, goo gone is just like wd40 only in a pump spray, tried that, maybe another dose will do
Thanks
Meech

·
Premium Member
8,238 Posts
Found this

Step 1: If possible, do not allow the egg to sit on the car for an extended period, especially in the sun. Every second counts. As soon as you discover the mess, begin steps to clean the vehicle.

Step 2: Using your hand, remove all traces of the egg shell from the car.

Step 3: Once pieces of the egg shell are removed, clean the egg and yolk from the car using a soft towel. It is important to remove all traces of the egg shell. This way, you avoid scratching the surface of the car.

Step 4: Create a mixture using 1 part water and 1 part vinegar.

Step 5: Soak a towel in the mixture, and place it on the egg stain. You may also spray the mixture onto the car using a spray bottle. Allow the towel to sit for at least 15 minutes.

Step 6: Remove the towel. Dry the area using a different towel.

Step 7: If necessary, repeat steps 5 and 6.

Might be worth a try

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try a can of Pam, and some map gas and I'll be over in the morning Meech
Youre lucky youre in the middle of the mitten thank you very much for the useful input!

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found this

Step 1: If possible, do not allow the egg to sit on the car for an extended period, especially in the sun. Every second counts. As soon as you discover the mess, begin steps to clean the vehicle.

Step 2: Using your hand, remove all traces of the egg shell from the car.

Step 3: Once pieces of the egg shell are removed, clean the egg and yolk from the car using a soft towel. It is important to remove all traces of the egg shell. This way, you avoid scratching the surface of the car.

Step 4: Create a mixture using 1 part water and 1 part vinegar.

Step 5: Soak a towel in the mixture, and place it on the egg stain. You may also spray the mixture onto the car using a spray bottle. Allow the towel to sit for at least 15 minutes.

Step 6: Remove the towel. Dry the area using a different towel.

Step 7: If necessary, repeat steps 5 and 6.

Might be worth a try
Thanks Brad!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Youre lucky youre in the middle of the mitten thank you very much for the useful input!
just lightening up the mood. Round these parts a kid would get blasted for that ****!!

·
Premium Member
15,840 Posts
Where is Mitten anyways.....lol ? Meech .....any luck getting that sh!t out ? Shoulda just donated to the little leaguers......=) .

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just lightening up the mood. Round these parts a kid would get blasted for that ****!!
Dude, no harm no foul, just bad timing, I was still searching for a solution that would work.

Where is Mitten anyways.....lol ? Meech .....any luck getting that sh!t out ? Shoulda just donated to the little leaguers......=) .
I dunno --still working on it, gonna try what Stillbad and Tahotim below have recommended, right now its nothing but streaks, I didnt catch it till the way after the sun came up, gonna do the 50-50 vinegar/H20 thing which seems the most logical.

heres a link that has some other ideas....but its for house paint.....still might be effective, and it also seconds the 50/50 water vinegar idea...

http://www.ehow.com/how_4968503_remove-egg-house-paint.html?ref=fuel&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=ssp&utm_campaign=yssp_art

Best of luck !
Thanks Tim, doing that now while its cooler out hopefully it works

Meech

·
Premium Member
34,041 Posts
****ing little bastards! Good luck Meech. The suggestion here are great so far. I wish I had one, but don't. All the best man! Hope it's not too bad!

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah it was burned into the paint because the family didnt notice it when they went to church, I noticed it just before posting, driveway fulla egg shells! SO it was in the sun till they came back, really sucks, I dont know why they didnt hit my car which was parked inches away, but Im thankful

Meech

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ouch...burnt on egg...good luck meech. If all else fails maybe you can clay bar it all the way down the side of the car.
I never clay barred before, so it will be an experience Im sure. Thanks for your help Mike

****ing little bastards! Good luck Meech. The suggestion here are great so far. I wish I had one, but don't. All the best man! Hope it's not too bad!
Yeah Paul we are lucky to have good guys here, all have been helpful, most appreciated,

Meech

1 - 20 of 25 Posts