Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get a thread about radar detectors going. Not to just argue which one is best....though that will happen but also some stories of how they have saved your butt so that more people can believe in the radar detector and save their cars and insurance premiums.

I have a Valentine 1, my second choice was the Passport with the GPS. But the direction arrows are too nice and very helpful to use.

It has saved me from about 6 tickets so far in the last 4 months. I have yet to be surprised by any cop with radar on, whether it be laser or K band etc.

It works for about 2.5 miles around my area which is a lot of room for a warning.

·
Premium Member
7,746 Posts
i have 2 of them that i got from walmart for $45 each and they have never let me down. i never go anywhere without them, they are alwaysd on and always save me from a ticket.. so sometimes highest price isnt everything

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a V1 also. Got it a few months ago after getting a ticket (big surprise eh). I have it hardwired to the mirror, and the remote display mounted on that little lip under the ignition.
I've been saved 2 or 3 times on the highway already. My problem is in the city near where I live (Edmonton), they have red light cameras all over the place and they are constantly setting the detector off. It gets annoying after a few hours of cruising around town. They also have photo radar, which I'm glad the v1 picks up with plenty of warning time!

Other than that, I love the v1, and feel downright naked when I occasionally drive my RAM which doesn't have any detector in it.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I HAD a V1....

I seldomly speed in city areas, on the highway if the speed limit is 70 MPH, I'll easily do 82+ mph...

I loved having a V1 in city because it would alert me and let me know when there were cops in the area so I wouldn't do anything stupid. Like a rapid acceleration...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Bel Rx65 and Blinder M-40, all four heads in the front. Radarbusters.com is the bomb when it comes to testing radar detectors and laser blockers

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bel Rx65 and Blinder M-40, all four heads in the front. Radarbusters.com is the bomb when it comes to testing radar detectors and laser blockers

Ah...yes....the laser jammers....I'd love to have one...but my cops are too smart for that....surprisingly enough.

·
Fast. Very, very fast.
2,402 Posts
I have a Valentine, but don't use it anymore. I only get tickets when I'm using radar detectors. Why? Because I get sloppy and don't maintain a lookout as well. That new super instant on stuff bites. My Valentine earned me a ticket for 81 in a 55 and the thing NEVER went off.

·
Registered
111 Posts
wow jmatt......man i cant say ive heard anyone say something like that before on the V1....i myself also have the V1 i wouldnt be caught dead with out it...its kinda like driving blind...its saved me more times then i can remember...

EDIT:you want to sell it?...pm me if so...

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a Valentine, but don't use it anymore. I only get tickets when I'm using radar detectors. Why? Because I get sloppy and don't maintain a lookout as well. That new super instant on stuff bites. My Valentine earned me a ticket for 81 in a 55 and the thing NEVER went off.

Well....lol.....the instant on is tough one to get past for anything unless you are in a rather flat area with few hills. Instant on doesn't work for the copper tops here very well...with the huge range that the V1 has I am able to see them getting the cars up ahead of me...

·
Registered
939 Posts
wow jmatt......man i cant say ive heard anyone say something like that before on the V1....i myself also have the V1 i wouldnt be caught dead with out it...its kinda like driving blind...its saved me more times then i can remember...

EDIT:you want to sell it?...pm me if so...
Don't be greedy... You have one already.:p

·
Banned
2,074 Posts
ive got a cheap ass whistler i bought for $18 bucks from one of my buds who was low on cash. I want a V1, but this works for now. Better than nothin

·
Banned
2,074 Posts
Then give it to me. Ill give you a dollar.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Herbster already has one...
I'll take it off your hands...

I run the beltronics 995 and it has worked numerous times...
I don't speed on city streets...
ok, I go with the "flow"...
but in residential neighborhoods - 25 if posted , 30 if posted...
too many kids, dogs, ignorant people backing out of driveways, etc...
just not worth it...
pisses the guy or lady behind me who I passed out on the road where there was no houses, but after about 10 seconds behind me do they realize, man I'm almost home and I need to slow down around my neighbors - the ol' peer pressure...
but highway...
move your arse over and outta my way if you are in the #1 lane...
I run 80-85...
and it works wonders!
but I'm willing to upgrade to the V1 and put the beltronics in the wifey's car for when I drive that...
having nothing in that one makes me feel like the vixen when I open her bonnet...
completely exposed...:D
so jmatt who you selling it to?;)

·
Registered
736 Posts
How much luck are you having detecting laser as opposed to radar? and how sure are you it is laser you are detecting? The whole point of laser is that it is a laser, which is to say it is a tightly focused beam of light. There isn't very much expansion over distance, especially compared to radar. Radar shoots out a cone which overshoots the car it is aimed at and a detector behind picks up on the radar that is "missing" the target. A laser is a fairly tight beam and if operating properly should be able to hit a single vehicle instantly without a cone effect. In essence, if your laser detector goes off the laser operator should already know your speed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts