Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 300 C..5.7 Hemi MDS

Well after parts chasing, for a small rattle going over bumps slow, we replaced the lower control arms, upper control, sway bars Bushings, ends..everything was done, Struts, and disk Calipers..brake etc..

Basically everything, we still have the rattle, but it would go away when you applied the brakes halfway while still moving, well I had a NEW Mechanic, the other one got mad at me and won't do business with me anymore because of this, lol, the new guy said that the right caliper was loose so the pins were bad on it and it needed to be replaced.. and won't honor his warranty he said I would get if I bought the parts from him...

Well He showed me how tight the left one was and how he could move it..

Then he preceded to think it was the steering linkage also, cause he could move that up and down just a little..

Problem is why would the noise go away when I applied the Brakes a little, so i think it's the Brake caliper that was bad transferring all that noise cause if it was the steering rod, down there, the noise would still be there if I applied the brakes a little...

Thought on this...??

·
Registered
249 Posts
My brakes squeal but never rattle. Rattling is happening elsewhere maybe? how about a worn transmission mount? (had this problem back with a Chrylser Cordoba way back when). Last time my front end "rattled" was warped rotors which I replaced promptly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got an 06 300C 2wd, a rattle is there, tried these so far...new caliper pad springs,new sway bar bushings,new front/rear shocks /strut cartridges/upperbearings ,new sway bar ends. the rattle is still there just not as noticeable....or maybe I'm getting deafer !

·
Registered
23 Posts
The mileage on odometer is 77,700. currently dealing with a transmission problem code U0100, loss of communication with processor.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 2005 300c and didn't notice a rattle cause always had the music rocking. when I pulled into a buddy's driveway he noticed it. It was a crazy ordeal. From checking everything from exhaust to heat shields and rotors and brakes. When i had it all torn apart there was a dust shield behind the rotor that had worn thru the bolts and washers holding it in place. I got some new bolts and some bigger washers and the rattle was gone.
over 280,000 km and still loving every drive!

·
Registered
249 Posts
The mileage on odometer is 77,700. currently dealing with a transmission problem code U0100, loss of communication with processor.
Any progress? I'm starting to get some real odd behavior from my car. I just had the fuel tank replaced under the x 53 warranty and now my car is still stalling but when I'm putting it in gear.

No codes whatsoever though. Just place the car in drive and the transmission doesn't engage for about 3 seconds. then engages. Happened more than twice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts