Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I brought my 2006 300C with 73,000 miles to the chrysler dealership 2 weeks ago for a oil change and the say the rear dif is leaking, so I bring it in the next week to get checked. After 40 min they come back and say its leaking so bad and that theres no parts to fix it and that I need a new axel(1600$). Anyone else ever here about this happen?? I'm going to get a second and third opinion cause I had it in there in june for a oil change and they didnt say anything and I had it stored for 3 months till I decided to get winter tires and drive it year round so I can't believe its going out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and when I brought it in for the oil change 2 weeks ago they didn't even notice my check engine light on so their not the brightest.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Not likely, in all likely hood this is actually the seal on the passenger side where the half shaft connects, it's a known problem and should be about $150 to replace both seals.

Oh and when I brought it in for the oil change 2 weeks ago they didn't even notice my check engine light on so their not the brightest.
So I brought my 2006 300C with 73,000 miles to the chrysler dealership 2 weeks ago for a oil change and the say the rear dif is leaking, so I bring it in the next week to get checked. After 40 min they come back and say its leaking so bad and that theres no parts to fix it and that I need a new axel(1600$). Anyone else ever here about this happen?? I'm going to get a second and third opinion cause I had it in there in june for a oil change and they didnt say anything and I had it stored for 3 months till I decided to get winter tires and drive it year round so I can't believe its going out.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Yeah, I never heard of anyone have rear differential problems on these cars. If you were ALOT closer, you could have mine for waaaayyyy less than that.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
When I had the Daytona I spotted a leak in the rear diff. Dealer was going to charge me $340 to replace both axle seals. When they got it on the lift to inspect it they found that it was actually leaking from the vent at the top of the diff. So, I had them do a rear diff service, spending $125 instead and having piece of mind that the fluid and seal was new.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I couldn't believe it would go out, not to mention at 73k miles! I'm going to bring it to a diferent place on friday.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brought it to car-x and it's the output shaft seal where it's leaking from, 198$ that's the last time I bring my car to the dealership!!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
That's the one, good job not taking the first thing you were told.

Brought it to car-x and it's the output shaft seal where it's leaking from, 198$ that's the last time I bring my car to the dealership!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea it was odd that the whole axel would go out and theres only 73k miles, I still have to complain to the dealership cause that mechanic sucks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took my 2005 Chrysler 300 AWD to a mechanic because I felt some grabbing as I turned my wheel left or right and was going slow and either backing up or going forward. It has 124,000 miles on it. First I was told the pinion seal was leaking but later was told my rear differential was gone and I would need another one. Does any of this sound logical?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I took my 2005 Chrysler 300 AWD to a mechanic because I felt some grabbing as I turned my wheel left or right and was going slow and either backing up or going forward. It has 124,000 miles on it. First I was told the pinion seal was leaking but later was told my rear differential was gone and I would need another one. Does any of this sound logical?
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Magenta
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Brand

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bobo said:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Bobo said:
This thread is almost ten years old, and none of the original participants have been seen here in years.

If you're looking for someone to help with your question, you will probably have better luck by posting a new thread rather than trying to revive this long-dead one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts