Chrysler 300 forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
tire sizes..

Whats up yall...I apologize in advance I can be long winded:)
I have 245/45/20 in the front and 295/40/20 in the rear..rubber is the Nitto 420's...(no clearance isses either)really good grip in the dry but terrible in the wet and I live in Seattle so I will be going back to the stock wheel/rubber soon when the weather gets bad...I had changed the goodyears(not a goodyear fan anyways)to the Kuhmo Extas.... good wet/dry grip, look great, decent sidewall wheel protection and you cant beat the price...150ish on TireRack.com....
I was pretty hard on the Kuhmos...burnouts,hard turns and braking....great tires...Pirellis are WAY overpriced and the Z rating doesnt really apply to our cars..I mean we go fast but the P ZERO design was created for cars in the continous 100MPH plus range.....just my opinion i mean Pirellis are good tires but there is better tires suited to our cars...and more money will be in your wallet after..just my @ cents:)

Vince
Seattle

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I have a question about tires and rims. Can I put a 275/40/20 on stock rims? Is it not to wide?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Standard is 245/45 R20 front and 255/45R20 for the rear. I guess if you like to drag the car you get the 275 in the rear. I guess you get what you pay for be careful what brand. Good Luck =)

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
I went with a 245/45X20 on the front and a 275/40X20 on the rear for a nice stagger. The 245's fill up the wheelwell of my lowered SRT without any rubbing whatsoever. The 275's look good back there. Traction still sucks but I think that's due to the CMR tune more than the tire as I use Toyo Proxes 4 rubber.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts