Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I have a Chrysler 300, it wont start, there a red lighting bolt I see on, sometimes in the past it wouldnt start as well but I was always able to try again and it would work the 2nd or 3rd time, now it wont start at all no matter what I do.

What step do I do first? try to get a jump start ?
I looked up electronic Throttle control and its pretty confusing, I do not know what to
do now, can someone give me some tips?

thankx
Jimmy

·
a.k.a. EvilSRT
2,409 Posts
That's not a lightening bolt it's supposed to represent the butterfly on your throttle body. Is everything connected? Anybody been working on anything under the hood lately?

First things first. Check your battery connections. Make sure both are solid. The factory grounds on our cars are a weak link. I actually make an upgraded cable because the factory ones are so bad. Message me if you want about that.

After that I would take your air intake off and remove the throttle body and clean it! Don't manually push the butterfly open just get some throttle body cleaner and get it clean. Let it air dry and then reassemble. If you want you can email me at [email protected] and I can try to help you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update:

Issue solved

it was a bad starter relay in the fuse box. When we would knock with our fist on the relay the car would try to start, so we switched it out with the same windshield wiper relay, and placed it in started slot and it started up. Solved problem.

If car doesnt want to start, and you know its not battery, try to check
the starter relay, this was my problem.

If it turns over it may be a different issue, mine wasnt even trying to turn over.. Just nothing. The horn, lights , radio and everything worked, just didnt want to start.

Glad we found issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has all the same issues except the engine will turn over.. but never start.. ran fine when I parked it.. next morning I ran the battery dead trying to get it to start.. recharged battery and stumped as of right now. I have the ETC light, CEL, and ESPBAS... cranks but wont start.. cleaned up throttle body and tried the relearn procedure but still just cranks and doesnt start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts