Chrysler 300 forum banner

Replacing Stereo

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  XFR SRT8 
#1 ·
This is my first post here, so i hope it is in the right place :)

I have a 2005 300c, with a 6 cd-changer. It stopped swallowing CD's so i decided to replace it with something bigger and better.

I read around, and it seemed like replacing the headunit was easy - even with NAV unit. All i had to do was to find a new dashboard cover for the center console. So i did. Bought an aftermarket headunit with NAV, SD, dvd etc etc. and canbus adapter.
But it Works like crap. When changing between tripmeter etc. it changes radio channel as well.

So i decided to go with the REC NAV unit instead (i hope i am correct here). So i found one on ebay with code and should be in working order.

After installing it, it does rev up the cd-drives and the changer part -like som kind of self-test, but the screen never comes on. The buttons are illuminated.

And everytime i get back to the car it has changed back from metric to miles.

Am i missing something? Or is the unit not in working condition. If i replace it with the original stereo or the "china-radio" everything goes back to normal.

Do i need to pair the radio with the car? Or is the antitheft part? And if so - how do i enter the codes ?

I really hope someone can help me, because right now i don't even have music.

best regards

Morten

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.