Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post, thanks for your help.

2006 300 Touring 3.5L with 88,000 miles.

Heard a tapping (knocking) directly under the passenger side valve cover. Pulled the cover and removed the rocker arm shafts for inspection of the rocker arms and shaft. Could not see or feel any physical problems.

My Haynes manual clearly says to install the assembly with the notches on the end of the shafts pointing up (for proper oiling). The exhaust side shaft was not pointing up when I removed it. It was also easy to rotate this shaft by hand. My local Chrysler dealer service department confirmed this may have been the problem. Re-installed the assembly correctly, bolted everything back up, and the car ran perfect...for one day. I assume the exhaust side shaft rotated again.

Is there a way I can fix this exhaust side shaft in place or should I simply try a junkyard or new Chrysler replacement?

I am mechanically inclined and will do all work on my own. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem Fixed

Ended up pulling a junkyard rocker arm assembly (intake and exhaust) from a 3.5L Dodge Intrepid. Problem fixed. Cost...$21.38.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im going to be replacing in my 06 touring as well. what year was the intrepid you pulled the assembly from? I found a couple 2001s being parted out but no 300s or chargers. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like say hi to every one and thank you for having me on board. I'm from Melbourne Australia I have a 2009 300c 3.5 v6 and for me that has been the best car I have ever owned it is enjoyable to drive. At some time I will post some photos. So I will say goodnight.:smileup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello folks I am new here I own a 2005 chrystler 300 with the 3.5 in it . I have rebuilt this engine but the rockers I am replacing all 24 hydraulic lifters in them but don't know the procedure to remove and replace these lifters in them , can anyone tell me the procedure ? there is a retaining ring on the lifter does that go on the lifter first before installing into the rocker? I had to beat the old ones out with a punch through the top of the rocker hole....help s,o,h,c,, 3.5

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Problem Fixed

Ended up pulling a junkyard rocker arm assembly (intake and exhaust) from a 3.5L Dodge Intrepid. Problem fixed. Cost...$21.38.
Just curious when you pulled the assembly from the junk yard did you put in brand new dowels?? My Haynes book says it's a must but it's going to be over a week before I can get them in so I was hoping maybe I could just put my junk yard Parts in as they are without having to get new dowels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts