Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car may not be new but it is new to me. Absolutely gorgeous one of the best cars I've ever owned however there are a few things I definitely want to upgrade. I have seen multiple post talking about to beat by Dre system. I agree and needs a little more thump but I don't know the first thing about car stereos I've never been a car guy. Second I definitely feel like it needs a little more power... I keep seeing exhaust cold air intake but what is the best cold air intake for this model 2014 300s? What would be the best exhaust system? Would it be more cost-efficient at first to just get the muffler tips with the cold air intake instead of a whole Cat-Back system? What performance chips would work the best for boosting performance? Gambling is beautiful but I would like to feel the road just a little bit more... This is my first Mopar ever driven and I'm still up I will eventually Step Up does a Hemi but for now I want to make this card largest I wanted to sound the way I feel about it please any knowledge you can give me getting the best bang for my buck and All Above areas much appreciated oh and I just order 22 Gianna Diablo Chrome with black inserts they'll be in in 7 days... For the Jazz blue what is the best way to fix paint chips with a paint correction kit??? HELP!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
It's hard to talk intelligently about audio upgrades without knowing what system you've got now. But for what it's worth, the Beats is nothing to write home about. It's just an artificially bass-boosted system that doesn't have the drivers to pull it off, so it generally just buzzes and rattles a lot, and blown speakers are very common.

Some guys with '11-'14 cars have been able to swap in a higher power 322- or 506-watt amp from a junkyard. That, coupled with decent, high efficiency speakers like Infinity References, will give you a very solid upgrade.

I'm not sure what to tell you about performance upgrades. It seems like you went straight to 22" wheels, a mod that will negatively impact your performance, and skipped the catback, which is literally the only way to increase performance on the 3.6 short of a supercharger.

Before I would even think about wheels, I would have upgraded to dual exhaust, BR5 brakes, and an upgraded rear sway bar (if you have one at all).

A warm air intake is only going to increase noise, not performance. Your factory airbox already draws cold air from outside your engine compartment, and it flows more air than your 3.6 could ever use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's hard to talk intelligently about audio upgrades without knowing what system you've got now. But for what it's worth, the Beats is nothing to write home about. It's just an artificially bass-boosted system that doesn't have the drivers to pull it off, so it generally just buzzes and rattles a lot, and blown speakers are very common.

Some guys with '11-'14 cars have been able to swap in a higher power 322- or 506-watt amp from a junkyard. That, coupled with decent, high efficiency speakers like Infinity References, will give you a very solid upgrade.

I'm not sure what to tell you about performance upgrades. It seems like you went straight to 22" wheels, a mod that will negatively impact your performance, and skipped the catback, which is literally the only way to increase performance on the 3.6 short of a supercharger.

Before I would even think about wheels, I would have upgraded to dual exhaust, BR5 brakes, and an upgraded rear sway bar (if you have one at all).

A warm air intake is only going to increase noise, not performance. Your factory airbox already draws cold air from outside your engine compartment, and it flows more air than your 3.6 could ever use.
Thanks for replying. Sorry for the late response. A friend of mine [ASE Cert] has greatly helped me in most areas. To explain in a little detail. First truly nice car I've owned worthy of getting wheels. I did so because I've wanted to for a long time and its deserved. I did that for other factors than performance. This vehicle isn't for the 1/4 mile or racing at all. The mods I am trying to make are for my own personal reasons.

C.A.I.
is Spectre system comparable to a K&N or Airaid? I was told that I should get the CAI from K&N and replace the filter with Spectre as to not coat with oil? Or should i piece together? Was told I should add a throttle body spacer in as well.

Exhaust
I will be doing the Borla dual exhaust for the 3.6L as well. From what I've read/watched its the best catback dual exhaust for my 3.6L

The extra lows I'm looking for in the system, could they be achieved by tying in a self powered 12" sub w/ amp enclosed onto the stystem? Followed by new 6x9 in rear deck and new door speakers? I feel like I should've just bought the hemi... but the S trim package saved me many interior upgrades I would've made to the 5.7L at my dealership I use.
Thanks again for the knowledge. And taking a minute to respond

1 - 3 of 3 Posts