Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm not a car guy. Meaning I know nothing about cars. My car started overheating Everytime I turn on the AC. Ran so hot it went from red then bounced all the way to other side to cold. Red overheat symbol disappeared and got red lightning bolt. Coolant all drained out. I had just filled it up too. Poured more in when I got home and you could hear it gurgling it was so hot. Waited 5 minutes started car in wouldn't start. Hit it again and it started then shut off 10 seconds later. Looked like something was shaking and I thought car was going to blow up. So basically AC on overheated then red lightning bolt. Took to 2 mechanics and they both told me nothing was wrong with it. Not throwing any codes. Anyone experience this? Has about 135k miles

·
Registered
428 Posts
What I'm thinking is that there is no gaz or liquid to transfer the heat properly. If you had a leak of the coolant system you could have a bubble in the system creating a vacum. When it reach the water pump, it has no presure to push or pull has the air creat a vacum in the pipe. Same would go for the AC system, where the compressor just over heat because there is no gaz to draw heat from or liquid to tranfer the heat to.

It could be the heat sensor and the valve does not open to have more liquid travel in the bloc, then the heat build up. Maybe your AC create some kind of feed back and makes the engine coolling system to not work properly ?

Hope the mechanic can find the trouble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts