Service Shifter

Discussion in 'Chrysler 300 Performance Mods - Engine - 3.6L V6' started by 1Two, Dec 5, 2013.

1. 1Two

1Two New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2012
    Trim?:
    300S
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Anyone get that message popup? The shifter lights are out but everything still shifts fine. Weird as hell but what do you expect from an electronic shifter. :(

2. Kilauea

Kilauea New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2013
    Trim?:
    300S
    Color?:
    Custom
    Hi,
    I have a 2013 300S, which started giving me the Service Shifter message in my steering wheel console. In fact, it came on while on the freeway going to work and stayed on. I drove it to the dealer and parked it. Could not shift into park and the car would NOT TURN OFF. The start/stop button would say place in park... Anyway, I have no idea how the dealer turned it off. They tested it and stated it had a short and replaced the electronic shifter. All this while I had a rental car for a day. Well they returned my car (with 3 door dings!!!) and said it was all fixed.

A few months later, it started flashing on for a few seconds then off. After a few of these occurrences, I took it to a different dealer (by my house). They kept the car for a week! Finally, the mechanic said it was a faulty connector in the upper and lower shifter. He said it was giving an error code just by wiggling it before changing the connectors. After the change, no more code while wiggling. Very scientific. Anyway, I trusted it and went home. 6 weeks later, its flashing on for a few seconds than going off again. Don't trust anyone now.

Any recommendations?

3. omar abed

omar abed New Member

Vehicle:
    chrysler 300s
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2012
    Trim?:
    300S
    Color?:
    Mineral Grey
    i have the same problem ... but the transmation dont have any problems ... any one know whats the deal ?