Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I polished the hell out of the dish last Sunday, and worked on it through the week and today to the point that I could assemble and take pictures. There is still some work to do with brackets, and I am going to have to make up instructions on how to install this (some cutting and drilling is required), but it's essentially done.

Here are some pics of the grill still bolted in the mock-up fixture:

And a quick Photochop I did to see what it would look like on a car.
This isn't very good since I didn't match the angle when I took the picture so I had to distort the hell out of it to make it fit-
It looks too deep in the shot and the lighting is weird.
I try another one later.

·
Premium Member
34,044 Posts
Unbelievable man! One of the best I have seen! The fact you did it yourself makes it all the better! Looks so professionally done..the elbo grease made that baby shine!! :D

BTW..love the tags you gave the thread lol!

·
Registered
861 Posts
:SHOCKED: wow... I so wish I were the car the grille is going on! That masterpiece is well... A MASTERPIECE! What else needs to be done?!

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nicest 300 grille ive seen. Props to you sir!!!!
Thanks Omega!

:SHOCKED: wow... I so wish I were the car the grille is going on! That masterpiece is well... A MASTERPIECE! What else needs to be done?!
Thanks! The recessed grill is attached to the dish, and the dish fits inside the frame, but isn't bolted to it. I need to make brackets that bolt to the backside of the grill and reach forward to bolt to the fascia to hold the dish/grill in place.
Here is a picture I took of the way I attached my first grill. This was a mess; I have improved on the design a bunch, but it shows the idea of how these brackets work.

Unbelievable man! One of the best I have seen! The fact you did it yourself makes it all the better! Looks so professionally done..the elbo grease made that baby shine!! :D

BTW..love the tags you gave the thread lol!
Ha haa... of course Paul notices the tags immediately! :D

The dish could be polished more. You can sure tell a difference between the chrome and the polished aluminum.
Thanks buddy!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Crazyyyy!!!:D

Are your wheels silver now? or is that PS?

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Pffftttt I've seen better grills than this.

JK :) Wow awesome work again Jay, thing is chrome ho's dream come true.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Jay, that looks stunning. Some lucky bastard will get this, but dont let it go cheap!

oh...i had high hopes when i saw the tags....now you owe me some pics via PM :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Reactions: pd300c
1 - 20 of 66 Posts