Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, here is the problem. (Chrysler 300C 2010)

While taking the trash to the curb my husband noticed that the rear park lights and side marker lights were on. He thought maybe someone had tried to get into the car and "set them off" however, everything seemed on the up and up. He went inside and got the keys that were hanging by the door. Unlocked the car, checked it out to make sure everything was alright, and re locked the car. The lights went off, he waited and about 15 sec later the lights came back on.

He then started the car, turned it off and the lights went off. About 15 sec later they came back on. He then disconnected the negative terminal on the battery and left it that way for about 5 min. He then reconnected it and again in about 15 sec the lights came on. He changed the settings in the EVIC to have the lights turn off automatically, and also pulled fuses to the parking lights, and after putting them back the lights did the same thing.

The only thing that keeps them off is disconnecting the battery, otherwise they come on and stay on. They do not eventually go off, but come on and stay on.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has there been any recent work done to the car? Anything at all?
Not recently, the last thing that was done to the car was the remote start antennae was changed a couple months ago.

Sorry it took so long to reply... I was busy having a baby lol :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have not heard of that happening before. Very strange for sure :4-dontknow:
Your telling me! Even our mechanic was a little confused! He said it might need flashed, or that something with the computer was wrong, and told us to call an electronics guy.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, here is the problem. (Chrysler 300C 2010)

While taking the trash to the curb my husband noticed that the rear park lights and side marker lights were on. He thought maybe someone had tried to get into the car and "set them off" however, everything seemed on the up and up. He went inside and got the keys that were hanging by the door. Unlocked the car, checked it out to make sure everything was alright, and re locked the car. The lights went off, he waited and about 15 sec later the lights came back on.

He then started the car, turned it off and the lights went off. About 15 sec later they came back on. He then disconnected the negative terminal on the battery and left it that way for about 5 min. He then reconnected it and again in about 15 sec the lights came on. He changed the settings in the EVIC to have the lights turn off automatically, and also pulled fuses to the parking lights, and after putting them back the lights did the same thing.

The only thing that keeps them off is disconnecting the battery, otherwise they come on and stay on. They do not eventually go off, but come on and stay on.

Anyone have any ideas?
No ideas? we haven't had it flashed yet... so I'm not sure if that will fix it or not.

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
Your telling me! Even our mechanic was a little confused! He said it might need flashed, or that something with the computer was wrong, and told us to call an electronics guy.
No ideas? we haven't had it flashed yet... so I'm not sure if that will fix it or not.
It's worth a shot but I don't think a flash will fix it either though.

Electrical gremlins suck!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's worth a shot but I don't think a flash will fix it either though.

Electrical gremlins suck!
HPNO300,
we don't know that it will help either, we are trying to stall taking it to the dealership as it costs an arm and a leg. I will let ya'll know if it works or not, and if not what we find out from the dealer. Thanks for the posts!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the problem was the TIPM. So the dealership replaced that (yes, we had to resort to the dealership! :p ).
Cost of part: 410$
Cost of Labor: 246$
Result - My lights work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts