Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a notification from Sirius that to continue listining to their broadcasts would cost me $139.99 for the next year. My friend chevy came with XM. They offered him six months for $29.99. Aren't they the same company now? What offeres have you guys recieved from Sirius?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I got the customer service rep screw up special offer!

I bought a mygig and when the previous owner's service ran out i called to subscribe, gave the serial number, and the woman mentioned that i get a year's free subscription as i just bought a new car with sirius as standard.....i paused for a second (but not too long)....and said "wow, thats great, my salesman didnt mention that!"

Oh...and they credited my card back the $90 I had left when i cancelled my REC subscription too :)

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
I didn't renew mine. Yeah, Sirius and XM merged but continue to operate as separate companies with their own features and pricing. I noticed last week the stock was down to like $0.10 a share. Now that makes me wonder if it's a good idea to renew...

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
If you call them up and cry about the price. And tell them that in this economy, you really need to watch your non essential purchases they will discount it to you. Worked for me!

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
Hmmm...Im paying 13 bucks a month...for now

But the good news is theres a metallica only channel starting on Monday I think...#27
Mandatory Metallica...FTW
i am pumped i was pissed when i lost xm because i loved mandatory metalica. ON a side note i pay monthly for sirius and they havent charged me in months.

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
i am pumped i was pissed when i lost xm because i loved mandatory metalica. ON a side note i pay monthly for sirius and they havent charged me in months.
You might want to check. Last time my dad thought about it, they wanted to only charge each quarter. $33 something every 3 months.

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
If you call them up and cry about the price. And tell them that in this economy, you really need to watch your non essential purchases they will discount it to you. Worked for me!
It probably will work but depends on the person you get.
The salesman that dont care will so ok then F off. Other will say sorry to hear that and say ok.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
That is about right . That is what I pay yearly for a portable unit. I wouldn't pay a full year. see if you can pay quarterly. I heard Sirius is in trouble. Like everyone else

1 - 10 of 10 Posts