Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's been an ad in Hot Rod for a few months for an oil "booster" called PX3. Their claims were impressive - "up to" 5% horsepower, and an improvement in gas mileage.

Yeah, I know, most of them are BS. However, when I went to their website, they showed dyno test results. One was for an '06 Charger SRT8. The improvement was supposedly 20 HP. They also showed one for a 4.6 Ford, with similar results. Here's the dyno tests. http://www.px3lubricants.com/DynoTests/

I bought a bottle and put it in my Town Car. $16 at O'Reilly's. During the oil change, I went from Motorcraft semi-synthetic 10-40 to Mobil 1 15W-50. The car SEEMS to run more smoothly, and seems to have more power as judged by my speed at the end of an on-ramp I travel daily.

Now I have an '06 300C SRT8 (10 whole days) and am in love with it. I know it also uses Mobil 1, recommended 0W-40.

I'm tempted to put the PX3 in my SRT8. I've already bought it. Has anybody tried it here ? I'd love 20 hp for $16.

Your comments are welcome.

Regards,

Jim
Houston, Texas

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Jim,

PX3 is the real deal.
One of the members of SCLX is the chemical engineer of the product.
Many members of SCLX run PX3 and swear by it.
That yellow superbee belongs to Johny Bee, SCLX President.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
D - Here is the write-up from the website:

PX3 LUBRICANTS - Why Use PX3 Xtreme Oil Booster?

There have been several articles written over the years concerning the overall effectiveness of oil additives. In short, most commercially available oil additives have caused more harm than good. Why? Chemicals used to reduce friction and wear are not properly reacting with the existing oil’s balanced chemistry, in most cases, creating new chemical compounds that lead to the degradation of the existing motor oil. The result has led to further engine wear, oil sludge build-up and loss of overall engine performance.
PX3 Xtreme Oil Booster has changed the rules on benefits from additives. PX3 Xtreme Oil Booster is a specially formulated Synthetic Lubricant enhancer made from a combination of poly alpha olefin (PAO) base stock containing a proprietary, ash-less, organic-synthetic poly atomic ion formula, that when used in conjunction with currently available API and non-API certified motor oils, helps increase the motor oils’ functional abilities to improve cooling, sealing, anti-wear, oxidation, corrosion, maintains viscosity over a longer period of time, and reduces friction.
PX3 Xtreme Oil booster uses the existing motor oil as the carrier for attaching the Poly Atomic Ions to the oils’ molecules, laying down a protective anti-friction and wear barrier on all metal parts – the result is resistance to friction and wear, protecting metal surfaces. The protective PX3 barrier stays on metal parts at all times providing extra lubrication protection in the areas of boundary and hydrodynamic lubrication; marginally addressed in the current formulation of today’s API approved motor oils. Most metal protecting chemistry in today’s motor oils are reduced due to elements that attack the emissions systems. PX3’s unique chemistry combination does not contain elements harmful to emissions systems.
PX3’s proprietary formulation addresses these critical areas of protection with chemistry that molecularly bonds with the motor oil to metal surfaces, improving its ability to provide; a better coefficient of friction protection, significantly increased engine and equipment efficiency, improved gas mileage, horsepower and torque, while reducing engine wear and friction, which provides the best protection for cold starts – the leading cause of premature engine failure.
Users have reported much improved mileage and driving experiences with improvements in the life span of the engine, when the motor oil is treated with PX3 Xtreme Oil Booster every other oil change. Further, PX3’s Xtreme Oil Booster allows the motor oil to operate at cooler temperatures, resulting in the motor oil's ability to last longer between oil changes without the degradation of the oil.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
My neighbor gave me some ETHOS. Havent tried it in the 300 but we've put it in the Colorado. It is kind of the same concept. Havent noticed that much horsepower but the guys at the oil place went to change the oil they made the comment the oil hadnt even started to break apart.

Also, it will use every last drop of gasoline too. No waste.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks !

Jim,

PX3 is the real deal.
One of the members of SCLX is the chemical engineer of the product.
Many members of SCLX run PX3 and swear by it.
That yellow superbee belongs to Johny Bee, SCLX President.
Many thanks ! Knowing that is very helpful. I'll look forward to meeting you at an SCLX get-together. Missed the barbeque as I was stuck interviewing a potential new hire. Thank goodness I had two as the first wasn't worth spit !

Thanks to all for your comments. I'm looking forward to learning, and this sure seems to be a good place to do so !

Best regards,

Jim

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
Sounds interesting...my SRT8's almost due for it's first O/C (with me as the owner). :thk:

HEMIPHIL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts