Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know, I just recently detailed my car upon storing it. Something has been bugging me for a while though. I have bugs on or in the paint. Most people that I try to show this to say not to worry about it, or they don't see it at all. The rest of the car looks great, I just have a few bugs that I want to take off. Does anyone have advice on a light compound or something a little abrasive to work on those area's? Your comments are greatly appreciated! Thank you!:smileup:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
You mean you actually have bugs with wings in your paint!?:4-dontknow:

I would clay the **** out of them!

·
Premium Member
34,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean you actually have bugs with wings in your paint!?:4-dontknow:

I would clay the **** out of them!
LOL! Just the splatters of them. I clayed the whole car, and paid special attention to the front bumber that takes alot of hits from bugs.
I was wondering if there is a compound that I can use that might help.

·
Premium Member
8,238 Posts
If they are on the paint wet a bounty and or dryer sheet and use it to get them off.

I read this when a friend had bugs all over the front of the car...Haven't tried it but easier on paint than compound

·
Premium Member
34,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they are on the paint wet a bounty and or dryer sheet and use it to get them off.

I read this when a friend had bugs all over the front of the car...Haven't tried it but easier on paint than compound
WOW! I've never heard that before! I will try that before I get into anything to abrasive:smileup:

·
Premium Member
34,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read it in one of those books that tell what other uses things are good for ...like all the stuff WD40 will do etc..
I see those books advertised all the time. Gotta get me one of those!

·
Premium Member
34,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hope that works, if not hand rub some Meguires fine cut cleaner. Should take them off without being tough on the paint.
Thank you Brad! I am going to write that down as well. I am pretty confident with the Meguire brand, but have yet to try that one out.:smileup:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
I've been using some Rainex Bug and Tar remover and then a special sponge that has a netting over it to scrub the bugs. Its been working for me and not hurting the paint.

·
Premium Member
34,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been using some Rainex Bug and Tar remover and then a special sponge that has a netting over it to scrub the bugs. Its been working for me and not hurting the paint.
I've seen that stuff before. Rainex is another good product. That special sponge and the Bug and Tar Remover might be just what I need:smileup: .. Thanks for the advice man!

·
Premium Member
9,349 Posts
the bug and tar remover is paint friendly and rubbing and polishing compounds are not.

Use the remover and the dryer sheet first. Then use a paint cleaner, clay the area again, if you're satisifed that the nose has been de-bugged. then polish and re-wax.

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
yeah i always use stoners bug and tar remover just spray it on let it sit for a minute and wipe or light scrub off. The kicker is it will remove your fresh wax and leave you with a slight bit of residue look meaning your prob going to want to do this before a car wash. We also have goo gone as a household product here so if i run out of my stoners i have been known to use goo gone with similar results. In fact when i demolded my truck i used goo gone on the whole thing to remove tape residue.

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
Panty hose and bug & tar remover works great for the bug splatter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
windshild washer fluid and a window squeegee the sponge part it works wonders

1 - 20 of 24 Posts