Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New
Apologies for the lengthy post. My issue is a weird one and im just trying to give as much background as possible. Desperate for answers before its broken into again!!!

I have a 2005 300c 5.7L V8 RWD. The aftermarket stereo was recently stolen while on vacation. When they took the headunit they also took the entire center Trim/Bezel. Along with my climate control panel, hazard & TC buttons & clock still attached. For whatever reason every plug was left intact except the climate controls. They cut the wiring harness to controls on the car side of the connection. Thus leaving me a mess of exposed wires to deal with. I went to a local u-pull and found a replacement panel along with all equipment as well as with plugs and pigtail ends of the wires that had been cut.
I went through and matched and rewired everything thoroughly. Controls work great!
However their are quite a few issues now...
-M
y radio does not shut off with the car.
-Key fob no longer locks/unlocks, sets alarm, or pops trunk.
-Interior lights only come on when key is in on/run position.
-Electronic lock buttons on front door panels only unlock door when key is in on/run position. (They will only Lock&Unlock them when the vehicle is fully running.)
-Accessory position for key provides no power.
UPDATE
-H
alf of my center panels lights have gone out. Can only see half of the climate control panel and the clock back light seems very very dim..
(Not sure if this is related, just thought id include it in the s*!÷ list)

The vehicle is equiped with the auto temp control panel (2 plugs on back)
PLEASE SOMEBODY!!

What could issue be?
I have no idea where to begin to solve this problem so any advice would be helpful.
Thank you in advance!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't mention disconnecting the battery. Have you done that?

Have you scanned for DTCs?
[/QUOTE

As a matter of fact I had to replace the u Because due to the radio shut off issues I have to manually do so every time i exit the car. But my kid was messing around and turned it back on and left it killing the thing to the point of no return. As well as disconnecting a few times for unrelated issues.

As far as DTCs no I haven't. Didn't think that would throw me anything. I have no dash lights except the airbag light which has been on since I got the car.
Is it possible it would still spit out a code?

·
Registered
504 Posts
1st for the light if you got a use unit it might just be the light bulb that went bad. They can be replace if you have an iron, there is a guide in the forum.
2nd I would like to know how you rewired your cables ? electric tape and hope ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for late reply. Thought we had an early baby on the way!!
Yes i seen the post about the bulbs and that seems likely to be that problem.

As far as reconnecting I bought some of the crimp connectors (24-18 gauge i believe) with the heat shrink on the ends.

Also i might add. Before reconnecting the wires the heat was running full blast. As i said the controls now work great but the whole ordeal has come with a slu of other issues. .

·
Registered
504 Posts
Well my idea was that there might be a bad connection in the wires you have reconnected. But look like you use a good method. Assuming they are all done properly, maybe the cable is damage farther inside. If the theif tried to pull them out, maybe they are cut somewhere in the console. Did you pull the control unit out and move the wires while the acc are working, see if movement make them stop and go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts