Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi gang, This is the second mabey third time that my 06 300 acted like it was going to run out of gas. The first time the engine light started flashing. I had just parked it it was running fine then when I started it back up thats when it started sputtering like it was going to die, then I gave it gas and it was fine and then the engine light went away. That happened earlier this week. It happened again today, I had 60 miles left before empty so I went to Cheveron put mid grade in (always do) then was in the drive thru at taco bell and it started doing it again...this time the engine light didnt come on (not that I noticed anyways). Both times I did the key trick to see any codes and all it gives me is a row of dashed lines. When it happened earlier this week I put it on my code reader and it didnt show any codes. Does anyone have any thoughts on this??? This is weird, at least if it was throwing a code I would have somewhere to start. I have had the battery light come on a few times (not since this started) which I understand means the battery might be giving up...altho the folks at Napa said its fully charged. The battery is 4 years old on a 5 year battery. Thanks everyone. EDIT I just checked I have the 3.5 which has the 18 gal fuel tank so it does not qualify for the warranty tank which is for the 19 gal tanks in the 5.7 engines.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'd look for pending codes. You won't get those from the key dance. I'd add a good quality braided engine ground strap as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts