Chrysler 300 forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chrysler is offering a lifetime fuel tank warranty on SELECT cars to address the stalling issue. Good luck obtaining it, though. So far, posters on other forums have all been denied.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Chrysler is offering a lifetime fuel tank warranty on SELECT cars to address the stalling issue. Good luck obtaining it, though. So far, posters on other forums have all been denied.
Do you have a Link to this offer? Here is the only thing I found .

he National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has ended its investigation of 153,817, 5.7-liter and 6.1-liter Hemi V8-powered 2006 Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Dodge Magnum models after reports of stalling. Chrysler has responded by granting a lifetime warranty on the fuel tanks for these vehicles.

https://www.autoblog.com/2014/02/18/chrysler-extends-fuel-tank-warranties-on-lx-cars-nhtsa-ends-pro/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still sounds like an EVAP issue to me, i.e. perhaps a faulty or clogged fuel vapor vent/control valve. If any of these components are faulty, there should be a diagnostic trouble code stored in the PCM. Any dealer can read the codes, or you can buy your own scan tool at walmart.com for $70.

I've also heard that if you drive real hard and then pull in to refuel, you might experience this refueling problem. The fix, supposedly, is to let the engine idle for a minute or two before shutting off and refueling.
Do not buy a scan tool as of all ob2 chryslers products have it built in. Turn your key to the ON position then click back once then back on then one click off then back on. Stop and wait for any codes. If not, it'll state none. 3 ons with only 2 one click backs.. Save that money, you all are welcome if you didn't know this tip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
well I don't know...I do know that if something wierd is gonna happen it usually happens to me. I love my chrysler but I had a little talk with it - told her if she don't shape up there is a new GMC Acadia waiting for me..lol
There's a recall on that. The gas tank has a valve stuck. Replace tank

41 - 45 of 45 Posts