Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys completely new here and looking for some pointers. I have just bought a 2005 300c with many issues but the first I plan on taking on is the stereo situation. Previous owner has put a single din after market one in and cut lots of original wires.... From the poor pictures can anyone tell me what stereo should be in here from the connectors?.... Also there is no wiring from here to the dvd player in the armrest for the back... In fact no wires at all and no power to it.

Sure this has already been asked a thousand times before but if the original stereo is too much is there an aftermarket stereo that goes straight in without wire chopping or is there a harness that I could get to plug everything in... Including the rear dvd player.. Ves or something.

All help much appreciated... And yes that is wooden batons the previous owner screwed in to hold the stereo
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Finger Bumper

Vehicle Electrical wiring Motor vehicle Audio equipment Automotive design

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hey guys completely new here and looking for some pointers. I have just bought a 2005 300c with many issues but the first I plan on taking on is the stereo situation. Previous owner has put a single din after market one in and cut lots of original wires.... From the poor pictures can anyone tell me what stereo should be in here from the connectors?.... Also there is no wiring from here to the dvd player in the armrest for the back... In fact no wires at all and no power to it.

Sure this has already been asked a thousand times before but if the original stereo is too much is there an aftermarket stereo that goes straight in without wire chopping or is there a harness that I could get to plug everything in... Including the rear dvd player.. Ves or something.

All help much appreciated... And yes that is wooden batons the previous owner screwed in to hold the stereo
In the USA, a 300C would have had either an RAK (non-nav) or REC (with navigation). The trim and option codes are different in the UK.

My suggestion would be to copy this address into your browser, and add your VIN after the equal sign. Hopefully, that should give you your build sheet, and you'll know exactly what the car came from the factory with.

Once you know that, you can purchase a "reverse harness" from either that big auction website or that other big website named after a river in South America. Then you can match up what comes out of the reverse harness to your original wiring, provided of course that it hasn't been torn out.

If it looks like your wiring is all intact, what I would do is just buy a replacement for your original radio on that auction website. You can switch to a non-nav unit (much cheaper, and the nav is almost worthless anyway, no updates in more than a decade) if you originally had a nav, but you'll need the bezel as well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the USA, a 300C would have had either an RAK (non-nav) or REC (with navigation). The trim and option codes are different in the UK.

My suggestion would be to copy this address into your browser, and add your VIN after the equal sign. Hopefully, that should give you your build sheet, and you'll know exactly what the car came from the factory with.

Once you know that, you can purchase a "reverse harness" from either that big auction website or that other big website named after a river in South America. Then you can match up what comes out of the reverse harness to your original wiring, provided of course that it hasn't been torn out.

If it looks like your wiring is all intact, what I would do is just buy a replacement for your original radio on that auction website. You can switch to a non-nav unit (much cheaper, and the nav is almost worthless anyway, no updates in more than a decade) if you originally had a nav, but you'll need the bezel as well.

Good luck!
Ahhh thank you so much that was a massive help, I now know that it was a CD/Full Map GPS Display Nav Radio with a 276 watt amplifier and they have purchased the armrest ves from somewhere else with no harness....going by the prices over here I'll unfortunately have to go after market stereo. The existing harness should be salvageable with a little effort.

Any suggestions on android stereos that come as plug and play kits that can incorporate the cars built in amplifier.

Also I don't suppose you know of any companies that sell the ves armrest harness or power cables? Or if its basically possible to to wire power to it from maybe the cigarette lighter and the kids could just use the headphones as I doubt I'll be able to get it connected to whichever stereo I purchase.

Again thanks for the site very helpful and interesting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts