Strange overheating

Discussion in 'Chrysler 300 Mechanical Problems and Questions' started by Jonathan Bowden, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Jonathan Bowden

Jonathan Bowden New Member

Vehicle:
    Chrysler
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2005
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Inferno Red
    Ok im in need of help i have a 05 300c i have had a new radiator done new thermostat new water pump 5 pressure test( no blown or cracked head gasket) new radiator cap ot has been to 2 different chrysler dealership and 3 other popular mechanic everyone says car is fine no leaks no coolant loss. But what happens is i work a hour from home and i can drive car for a week no problem then one day it just overheats and boils the coolant in overflow tank then if it sits for about 10 mins. Its fine like it never happen.

2. Leonidas300C

Leonidas300C New Member

Vehicle:
    Chrysler 300C
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2012
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Dark Lava Red
    It sounds like a headgasket to me. I know you said you had it pressure tested, but sometimes a crack/void in the head/gasket can be so small that when the engine is cold (contracted) its not even there. When the engine gets warm, the void will expand and that may be this issue here.

It seems as though your cooling system is being pressurized by the breach, its actually currently happening to my lady's Honda at the moment as well lol

3. Conky

Conky New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2010
    Trim?:
    Limited
    Color?:
    Mineral Grey
    sticking thermostat
    why did you change rad and pump?