Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pretty much got my Subwoofer package down to two subwoofers.

the
2600W Complete Sony Bass Package
consists of a Sony Xplode 1300 watt Sub
and a 1500 Crunch PZi-1500.1 rated Amp

Subs: Kicker 07DC122 + Amps: Kicker 08ZX300.1 1200watt system

now all the comparision are showing that the sony system is better, but you cant just beat a kicker system, is the best out there.......i have a Pioneer Avic F90bt that will be hooking into those system
You can see the Comparision in this link
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/comp...rice_asc&product_id[]=9914&product_id[]=14671

·
Premium Member
19,192 Posts
totally agree i have hated everything sony put out in car audio for years. Kicker makes some of the most reliable, best bang for your buck woofers and amps. Dont even consider sony, you will be dissapointed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
totally agree i have hated everything sony put out in car audio for years. Kicker makes some of the most reliable, best bang for your buck woofers and amps. Dont even consider sony, you will be dissapointed.

I had a 200W kicker amp hooked up at 2 Ohms and it only lasted about 8 months. There was no way that the amp should have blown, but it did. Worst part, no warranty. They claimed it was hooked up wrong, but a shop did it. So when you say most reliable, I personally question it.

US Amps are good. So are sundowner amps. Hifonics are great for a lot of power for little $, but only to be used if you dont need any type of radio signal.

In fact, if you want more in depth car audio stuff, go to www.caraudio.com/forum

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sounds like something you should bring to the shop, not kicker... If they installed and said it was done wrong then TA-DA! replace my stuff...

Shops sell what they can get the biggest cut on... and sadly it looks like you found this out the hard way.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I had a 200W kicker amp hooked up at 2 Ohms and it only lasted about 8 months. There was no way that the amp should have blown, but it did. Worst part, no warranty. They claimed it was hooked up wrong, but a shop did it. So when you say most reliable, I personally question it.

US Amps are good. So are sundowner amps. Hifonics are great for a lot of power for little $, but only to be used if you dont need any type of radio signal.

In fact, if you want more in depth car audio stuff, go to www.caraudio.com/forum
Which Kicker amp was it. The 200.2 or the 200.4? What were you running with it?

Shawn

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Go with the kicker. Check out what wbglider picked out if you want a bit more thump.

I went with Alpine, a Type S 10" with a MRP-M500 mono amp and I really like the setup. It's in a box and now I need to seal/cover the box and dress up the wiring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts