Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Does anyone know exactly how to piggy-back the front (navigation and radio control) screen on to the VES system? I'm not an expert, but i have decent knowledge of how those systems work, and i am assuming some minimal splicing is needed if it isn's just plug and play behind the dash.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
If you want the front screen onto the rear screen..that's gonna take some work.

You'll need to dissassemble the nav unit, find the output wires to the LCD screen....tap the right ones...and then wire your own RCA cords on, and put it into the input on the VES. The VES has it's own radio control...so that's kinda pointless, and it's an awful lot of work to make the navigation map on the ves screen lol....

There is a way to make the VES screen play on the front nav screen though. You'll need a Navtogo hack done on the nav unit so you have RCA inputs...then take the VES system apart a bit, and there is a grey thick wiring that you can cut and tap your own RCA onto for video output to the navtogo kit on the nav unit.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hm, I should have clarified. I have a REAR VES system and wanted to play it on the front screen as well. Ultimatecartman45, your 2nd suggestion seems to be what i need to do. The Lockpick only seems to work on front screens when a rear screen is absent. They give you an option to add a rear screen of your own, but Lockpick cant play dvds from the OEM rear DVD player.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts