Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left side suspension makes a strong click sound when I turn the wheel as I give gas from a stopped position, or apply brakes after changing direction from reverse while giving gas. I hope that made sense. Can anyone tell me how to “adjust” the problem?

·
Registered
447 Posts
It could be a few things, 1st check all the bushings on all the arms. If one is worn out to the point the center bolt touch the side it could make that noise. Then you have to check the ball joint for play. Lift both wheel in the front off the ground. With you hand at 9 and 3 o'clock on the wheel move the wheel and try to see if there is free play. That would indicate your tie-rod are done. Then do the same at 12 and 6. If you have play it could indicate bad wheel bearing. Now with a bar try to lift the wheel off the ground and look at the bottom ball joint. If the ball joint move up and down it need to be replace. If you have not found the problem then turn the wheel right and left and examine the pinion. Then you should check your brakes,a worn out pad could be free or broken. Also check the guide pins for the piston, sbilisation bar and links. If nothing look broken it could be something in the stearing wheel, or a stuck piston on your brakes. Take it to a shop. Also possible your wheel is not secured properly, or there's a rock between the brakes and wheel. So before going to the shop clean the part that touch the wheel hub and brakes, put some brake grease if you want to prevent corrosion. My 2010 manual say to torque the wheel bolt to 130 Nm. So check in your manual and torque the wheel properly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you but the whole suspension was rebuild with new parts. Completely. The brakes are good. Excellent detail from you. I appreciate that. Thank you very much!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I would put my money on a ball join. Probably the lower one in the knuckle. And if that one is done, probably the upper is done to. But if you say they where replace ? Then I'd go with the sway bar bushing. How long ago was it rebuild and what part did you order (manufacturer).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would put my money on a ball join. Probably the lower one in the knuckle. And if that one is done, probably the upper is done to. But if you say they where replace ? Then I'd go with the sway bar bushing. How long ago was it rebuild and what part did you order (manufacturer).
Ball joint has been replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts