Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally decided to go to the stealership for a tune up. I hit 4 years on my ride and only 22,000 miles on but i figured that 4 years on the same plugs, time for new ones. Anyways, ive been running royal purple for the last 3 years and when i brought it in, i said to skip the oil change. Of course when i go to pick it up, they changed the oil and put in house brand quaker state oil. How bad is this for my motor because ive heard many stories saying it is bad, and others saying just wait till the next change and go back to royal purple. I wanna see what the opinions are from my fellow owners. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
I'd be little pissed that they flushed out that expensive royal purple oil and put in their oil AND even when you said to skip it. They didn't charge you for it did they?

I don't know the answer but I would think it would be fine till next oil change or you could just swap it out now.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
if you didn't ask for it and they did it I would have them take their oil out and put your's back in. If they put in synthetic and you don't want to worry about the hassle then you're ok but if they put in dino oil then I'd get it swapped out

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fun stuff, looks like ill be getting ANOTHER oil change here back to my royal purple in the next few days. Thanks for the feedback guys.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
if they did that to me i would have drained the oil and poured it on the showroom floor. I hate the dealer so much! the few times I have been there they tried changing my bakes and wanted to go through my wiring job on my old base for fog lights. Im not paying them for simple work at $100/hr. God I hate the dealer. Hope they can work with you. Usually if you put a stink they will kiss your ass

1 - 9 of 9 Posts