Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! I am trying to wire in an LED strip to my tail light. I need to know which wire is the ground, the positive for the brake and the positive for the reverse light. I tried probing the wires but I wasnt able to get anything off the wires so I said f-it and decided to take the easy way out and ask here. :) If anyone knows please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
What are you trying to do????

Do you only want the LED strip to come on when you hit the brakes or all the time???

I got the wire info - let me look for it.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
OK from the Black socket the Green with White stripe wire should be the brake signal (POWER) and the Black wire should give you the Ground.

It's been a long time since I did this and I am not near my car so let me know if it works out for you or not I can research more once I get to my car.

Good Luck.

Ohhhh and my LED strip - ONLY comes on when I hit the brakes.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK from the Black socket the Green with White stripe wire should be the brake signal (POWER) and the Black wire should give you the Ground.

It's been a long time since I did this and I am not near my car so let me know if it works out for you or not I can research more once I get to my car.

Good Luck.

Ohhhh and my LED strip - ONLY comes on when I hit the brakes.
Thanks. I did some more investigating while I was waiting for a response. Here is what I found out. There are 5 wires coming out of the connector for the tail light. 3 on top and 2 on the bottom. After finally getting a good ground I was able to probe the wires. They are as follows:

White/Dark Green Stripe (positive)
Black/White Stripe (Ground)
White/Purple Stripe (Positive)

White/Light Green Stripe (Positive in Reverse)
Dark Green/White Stripe (Positive when brake is applied)

Thanks again for looking prican2000. What I am doing is I have a tube with red and white LED's in it. When I step on the brake, the red LED's come on and when I put the car in reverse the white LED's come on. It goes along with the amber LED's I have on the side that are hooked up to the turn signals. I hope it looks cool at night. :)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
looks like you have it figured out.

If you have any issues, PM me your email addy and ill send you the wiring diagrams from the factory service manual.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just out of sheer curiosity...for what year are we talking about for the wires? When I ordered my illuminated wing, the wire diagram was from an 06 (which is what they use to test their products) and it was different than my 08. I have it wired into my 3rd brake light to come on with the brakes, but I want it to come on with the running/parking lights at night. Thanks

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Just out of sheer curiosity...for what year are we talking about for the wires? When I ordered my illuminated wing, the wire diagram was from an 06 (which is what they use to test their products) and it was different than my 08. I have it wired into my 3rd brake light to come on with the brakes, but I want it to come on with the running/parking lights at night. Thanks
It was supposed to be from an 06 but I have an 06 and it was incorrect.

I already gave Andy the correct wiring set-up to make it function like you want it to ^^^^^

I don't know if my wiring is the same for an 08 as well. PM andy at AAC, he'll help you out.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It was supposed to be from an 06 but I have an 06 and it was incorrect.

I already gave Andy the correct wiring set-up to make it function like you want it to ^^^^^

I don't know if my wiring is the same for an 08 as well. PM andy at AAC, he'll help you out.
Cool. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can someone please give me the correct color coded wiring diagram for a 2010 chrysler 300? I'm hooking up an led flowing rear light strip and need to know which wires are the left and right turn signal, brake, reverse and running lights. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have no idea why it seems next to impossible to find a wiring diagram and the colors for a 2018 300 S. I cannot find this to install LED third brake light for the life of me can anybody help please

1 - 11 of 11 Posts