Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was polishing my headlights on Wednesday when I noticed the grille was looking a bit oxidized so I gave it a quick spritz of my argent wheel paint, looking great and much simpler than a full removal sand and repaint. So how many of you prefer the Bentley style grille that was optional? I am not a big fan, but beauty is subjective. Tonight I am painting my lug nuts black, I put a set of 18" 300M wheels from an 02-04 model on 2 years ago, 90% tread 225/60/18 tires and a wheel which looks amazing on the car $300 for the set, they have 300 in the center cap and an M which I ignore. I thought about chrome, but I actually like the contrast between the silver wheels and dark natural lug nuts, so we will see how this looks. I put the 17's from my car on my wife's Intrepid since her car needed new tires anyway, so win win.

the finished product, not terrible

·
Registered
433 Posts
The wheels look great! Very reminiscent of the SRT-Design rims...
I also painted my grille...changed it to black. It's one of the first mods I did, over 10 years ago. I used VHT heavy duty hood & bumper urethane, and it has stood up beautifully to the years and miles. I've repainted the fascia twice since painting the grille (and need to do it a third time as the paint is cracking/flaking off the lip), but I've never even done a touch up to the grille!

I also went with black lugs to complement the viper reproduction rims, only I switched them out to solid black lugs since the covers on the factory lugs were pretty beat up. I rotate my tires every 6000 miles, so they get a lot of use/abuse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts