Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Nemo unintentionally gave me the idea to consolidate the entire service manual's torque charts into one tiny file that anyone can reference. It's hosted on my Google account which isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It's divided into different workbooks (they are tabs at the bottom, so scroll left/right to get where you need). I'm going to be hyperlinking each entry with a picture of the nut/bolt in question so there is no mystery on anything. Once I get that done, then I'll see if I can come up with a script to convert it to something viewable easily on the forum. In the meantime

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArtEa7Pu7_y_dEswaWhQVDhQd05mc0IxTzY2WWNvcnc&hl=en

And a note, I know there are some strange entries, the service manual wasn't proofread. Also worth noting, this comes from the 06 manual, I'll cross reference the others when I get time. You can go to the file menu and download the file as multiple formats for your own use (pdf, excel, html)

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh, a couple days work. It'll be infinitely more useful when there is a pic for each part to clear up some of the vague names.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you should only do the ones that arent common sense so it doesnt kill ya to do it
I thought about it, but then I'm searching each individual part to get the picture. If I just go through the manual section by section I'd probably cover 4 or 5 fasteners per picture. We'll see, I'll gauge the interest in this before I get too carried away

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks John, I'm actually just going to do the torque formula in all the blank cells and have it done all at once instead of typing another thing in that god forsaken spreadsheet LOL. More important then stickying this IMO, is making sure all of our existing how-to guides in the knowledge base contain the proper torque specs for those parts which require it. It makes more sense if people don't even have to reference this, this little guy could just be for those who are charting off into foreign territory.

·
Premium Member
34,044 Posts
OMG!! That is awesome Sam! Definate rep points to you! That is some very valueable info! Wish I kept that inch pound wrench that I turned in for the foot pound one! Should have just kept both! Got to make this a sticky! Thank you!

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Thanks John, I'm actually just going to do the torque formula in all the blank cells and have it done all at once instead of typing another thing in that god forsaken spreadsheet LOL. More important then stickying this IMO, is making sure all of our existing how-to guides in the knowledge base contain the proper torque specs for those parts which require it. It makes more sense if people don't even have to reference this, this little guy could just be for those who are charting off into foreign territory.
that's good idea, mods got lot of work to do :D as us regular folk who started the thread can't edit the thread after so many time passed.

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
Pretty intensive research, Sam. Thank you so much for the info. I did a search to see if I could find it and came up empty. Beans to you, Bro!!

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's good idea, mods got lot of work to do :D as us regular folk who started the thread can't edit the thread after so many time passed.
Is that why i can't edit my headlight/tail light posts? I thought I missed a memo or something

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Nice work, Sam!

You know as well as I do that you end up paging through entire sections of the Service Manual finding torque specs or they are buried in the service/removal section. And, there is no torque specification summary section in those.

This will come in VERY handy!

:repplus:

:rep:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts