Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the key trick and got codes P0645, P0481, U1110, U1120, U1121. Pulled and replaced fuse #11 and replaced radiator and a/c clutch relay that seemed blown. Now only have codes P0645 And U1120. Car is no start at all when i turn key. Brake and steering wheel is stiff and battery voltage is at 13v. Throttle body indicator comes on when attempting crank as check engine light blinks but no sound. Put new battery in key fob which was dead to see if it was anti theft to no help. Tried jump starting which didnt help. Replaced ignition switch and actuator few months back and it ran til a week ago. Sometimes i pull fuse 11 and all codes disappear and then after while the come back up on dash with key trick. Dinging and interior lights work. Any ideas .?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All codes point to pcm to my knowledge, should i replace.? Was going to use paperclip and test a/c clutch relay and starter relay to see if blown. Will also check throttle body plate and clean if needed. May go buy a ohm meter and try to decode instructions how to use as it seems complicated. I could then use the meter to check the vehicle speed sensors as well. But what should i be looking for in terms of volts or amps from the ac compressor, throttle body, speed sensors and starter relay .?????

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took out the throttle body its full of crud. Bought some crc throttle cleaner ans will clean soon. Also bought a gauge wire to test 3 relays. Battery was 13v when i had to jump the post to give battery some juice 4 days ago. Needed to roll up the windows came back today and dash lights dim when I turn to on and interior loose power, Cant do key trick unless I charge battery again. Should I buy battery if clean throttle body not start car .? Heard on forum I should have key in on position when i jump starter relay with wire to prevent anti theft i guess. Could post pics if I need to.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Left rear tire has slow leak and has about 12psi left and could be causing the abs and brake light to come on for being different sized tires.Tires are 22s with big rims. My mobile car tire pump no longer works because it wont work right but when i used to fill tire and drove around a bit lights would go off. So wat about the ac clutch relay dtc if i replaced fuse and relay for it already.??? Still got to clean throttle body today.

·
Registered
404 Posts
o_O wow sound like a lot of fun.... For the ABS I think it's possible the light comes one because of the wheel diameter. For the battery you would need a stress test to see how many amps it is giving. I just replace my original battery after 10 year, and the new one is only warranted 3 year so it let's me think that 5 year if probably it's life average. The battery can have the volts for a while but lack in Amps to crank the engine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o_O wow sound like a lot of fun.... For the ABS I think it's possible the light comes one because of the wheel diameter. For the battery you would need a stress test to see how many amps it is giving. I just replace my original battery after 10 year, and the new one is only warranted 3 year so it let's me think that 5 year if probably it's life average. The battery can have the volts for a while but lack in Amps to crank the engine.
Cleaned throttle body and put back on car after checking resistance. Will need to charge battery today and will check amps. Will still try to crank via starter relay to make sure it works with jumper wire. If not work I will replace battery as long as starter work. If battery and starter is ok I guess I buy new flashed pcm.??All codes actually refer more to pcm not functioning right. Belt is good condition.. May need to check ac compressor before ordering pcm .?? Going to use jumper wire on and listen out for sounds and to make sure it engages.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
For me to conduct a car battery stress test without the car able to turn on I would have to charge battery fully and connect my multimeter to my front posts near fuse box. Put key in and turn to on position. Then use jumper wire on starter relay to see the load test. That way I can see display of volts drop which I heard shouldnt be below 9.5 v. Not a mechanic but I really learned a lot about this car and hopefully it starts the car up to drive it back home for once.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it could be either my battery, starter, pcm, throttle body or a/c compressor bad. Will eliminate the battery, starter and throttle body today as a culprit.... Hopefully... Anymore tips .??????????

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hum unless the anti thief was triggered already, that would require a reset. But I don't see why you would need to put the key on a specific position. Unless you have a button. If you have a battery booster and it's functional, just plug it in the front and it should assist the battery in doing the start up routine when you turn the key. If the car start with the booster then I would think the battery is really bad, or need a charge. If not maybe the starter is stuck, rubber mallet ! Give it a few tap, if the solenoid was stuck it should go back out. Assuming you already did all that :3 I would come to the same conclusion that there is a bad part, probably the PCM because of all the errors. It might save you a few buck if you have access to a more advance OBD reader to see if any other codes come out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Battery was shot, replaced and still nothing. Starter relay did not engage afterwards and idk if wat I heard from a/c compressor was sound i was lookin for. Guess I try replace starter .?? Or focus on compressor .??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hum unless the anti thief was triggered already, that would require a reset. But I don't see why you would need to put the key on a specific position. Unless you have a button. If you have a battery booster and it's functional, just plug it in the front and it should assist the battery in doing the start up routine when you turn the key. If the car start with the booster then I would think the battery is really bad, or need a charge. If not maybe the starter is stuck, rubber mallet ! Give it a few tap, if the solenoid was stuck it should go back out. Assuming you already did all that :3 I would come to the same conclusion that there is a bad part, probably the PCM because of all the errors. It might save you a few buck if you have access to a more advance OBD reader to see if any other codes come out.
Eliminated battery amps as problem. Would hit starter if i can locate as i heard they are under the car but i have some type of cover over it. Will try in the next day i suppose. Terminals are fine for battery.

·
Registered
404 Posts
If the A/C compressor is bad, just unplug it it should not prevent the engine from starting unless it is stuck mechanically. But if it's making a weird noise I would check if you still have gaz in the A/C system. If the pressure is fine, it might be a mechanical failure. Or the Magnet is stuck / bad bearing.

·
Registered
404 Posts
For the starter, I can't see your year and engine model, but here is a diagram for my car, you can change it to you model.
If it's covered you can reach it with a screw driver or rod just don't hit it to hard to damage it. And use glove if it's made of metal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For the starter, I can't see your year and engine model, but here is a diagram for my car, you can change it to you model.
If it's covered you can reach it with a screw driver or rod just don't hit it to hard to damage it. And use glove if it's made of metal.
Bought car starter but dread having to put in. Will try to get funds to have repairmen fix it. Got car towed to house

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Replaced starter which looked bad, still didnt start. Paid 75$ for labor and 60$ for part . Guess I will be looking for flashed pcm for my car. Should be a easy install.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Relays, battery, ignition switch and starter are good condition now. Did more of a visual inspection of vehicle and determined I have a bad coil that has some type of dry leak around a coil pack. Located closest to passenger side in the back.Will take off to inspect more. Could that be the problem my starter wont engage.? 300c Key cycle : Ignition Switch ~> Coil Sparks ~> Pcm ~> Starter.? Check engine light blinks when attempting to crank which I heard can be caused by bad coil. Debating which option is best seeming as how either way I will have to change coil and possibly 2 spark plugs and focus on the pcm later .? Smgdfh

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Took off all the coil packs but directed my attention more to one with the oil spot. Upon closer examination I got glimpse at dry oil that may have deteriorated my o2 sensor. Did research and says I may need some sort of new gasket seal when i take cover off. Not sure how to inspect springs and taking cover off may be bit of problem. May still change whole coil pack. Will be buying tool today hopefully which is 8mm socket. Might try to use multimeter to test coils if possible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wanting car to run first so guess i put coils back on and try jumpstarting relay with new starter. If dont work i buy pcm for around 150$ flashed to vin number.

·
Registered
404 Posts
If the coil is not properly isolated, it could have transmitted electricity to the car. And that would be bad has the voltage is pretty high.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts