Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! So I've had my car, 2006 Chrysler 300 2.7L V6, for about 7 years now and it has caused me nothing but problems. My current one is apparently my throttle body. One day I was leaving work and I was waiting at a light. Next thing I know, the Electronic Throttle Control light popped on and the engine cut off. I was able to turn the car off completely, turn it on and it was fine until I stopped again. I talked to a friend who told me to take the throttle body out and clean it to see it would help, so I did. I got proper throttle body cleaner from Auto Zone and when I put the part back in my car stopped having a rough idle. It was fine until I decided to actually drive it. Every time I slowed down, whether I let off the gas alone or put on the brake, the light would either be solid or flash and the car would shake like an angry old person that got sweet tea instead of unsweet with the pink packets at a Mc Donalds. I can crank the car and accelerate just fine but it hates slowing down. My question is what my next step should be and if it's the actual throttle body or an electronic component I should worry about. Thanks in advance to whoever can help with this because this is my only way to work right now and this sucks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts