tiny hard to find part needed

Discussion in 'Chrysler 300 General Discussion' started by Virtual Phil, Nov 14, 2017 at 10:35 AM.

Tags:
  1. Virtual Phil

Virtual Phil New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2006
    Trim?:
    Touring
    Color?:
    Phantom Black
    hey folks, I just bought an 06 300 Touring. The passenger mirror was busted off. I got a replacement but realised on the door, there is just wires sticking out, no plug. On the mirror, there is a female plug. Where can I find a male plug to attach the wires from the door? I checked wreckers, ebay, amazon, called the dealers. Only thing the dealers used to make was a "jumper" from the wiring harness. The piece was nearly 400.00 CDN but they don't even make it anymore.

To cut the plug off the mirror side and join the wires directly would require pulling the mirror apart. I'd rather have a plug like it's supposed to have.

3) since I couldn't find a fixed mirror, I got a folding one for the passenger side. I'm assuming this is just a mirror thats capable of folding.. not a mirror that folds into the body under power like some of the newer cars. Is that right? If its not power folding, why cant I fold it?

2. Virtual Phil

Virtual Phil New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2006
    Trim?:
    Touring
    Color?:
    Phantom Black
    ok if anyone is reading this, please learn from my mistakes.. I went to another wreckers, with tools, pulled a plug out of a Magnum, which apparently had the same mirrors however the plug DID NOT fit! The 2nd hand mirror I got is a folding design not fixed. Wonder if that has something to do with it.