Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from NJ. A friend is selling his 2006 300. Lightly used as he travels a lot so it has only 75k miles. Well maintained and looks and runs perfectly. Unfortunately it only has the 2.7 engine but otherwise is a really nice car. Do these cars have any common issues I need to look for, or typical maintenance or wear items that I'm likely to soon encounter? I'm debating if I should pay cash for this car or take out a loan to buy something newer and more expensive (but often with similar miles in my price range with a loan). Any advice?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you still get the car?

Before buying a used vehicle, You can also run an online VIN check that provides you with detailed history of any vehicle.

This will ensure that you are not buying a damaged car or a car with defects

·
Registered
2020 300S 5.7L, Alloy Edition, Black on Black
53 Posts
Did you still get the car?

Before buying a used vehicle, You can also run an online VIN check that provides you with detailed history of any vehicle.

This will ensure that you are not buying a damaged car or a car with defects
Sadly, I helped my daughter buy a nice looking, very low mileage 2020 Mazda 6 with a salvage title - front end collision according to CarFax. Car drove well, everything worked properly and one wouldn't know it had been in a major accident unless they were a trained/expeienced Bodyman.

Unfortunately, her car began to experience cracking at the top of the sail panels. Bodyman stated the rear clip had been replaced at some point. He stated that if the accident was never reported to an insurance company then CarFax would have no access to the record? Stock image. Daughter's car looks identical, including color.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2020 300S 5.7L, Alloy Edition, Black on Black
53 Posts
Hello from NJ. A friend is selling his 2006 300. Lightly used as he travels a lot so it has only 75k miles. Well maintained and looks and runs perfectly. Unfortunately it only has the 2.7 engine but otherwise is a really nice car. Do these cars have any common issues I need to look for, or typical maintenance or wear items that I'm likely to soon encounter? I'm debating if I should pay cash for this car or take out a loan to buy something newer and more expensive (but often with similar miles in my price range with a loan). Any advice?

Thanks.
One owner? Service records? Still, pay a reputable shop to take a good look at it. Hoping you go many miles with smiles!

Google is your friend?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts