Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To prepare the car for some events I have decided to upgrade the transmission for some road race ready shifting. Parts cost about $580.00, add another $25.00 for Mobil 1 ATF +4. NAG-1 Trans is the same as the MBenz 722.6

I have selected the following Mercedes Benz (part numbers are all listed) items for the upgrade:

140-270-08-12 Pan with a Allen plug $75.00 plus shipping

169-371-00-03 Pan Magnet $30.00 Plus shipping

140-589-15-21-00 DipStick $70.00 Plus Shipping

140-277-00-95 Pan Gasket & Trans Filter Set $25.00 Plus shipping

240-270-00-89 Blue Top AMG Solenoids (2 required) $180.00 x 2 (plus shipping)

Basically, drop the pan, fluid, and the valve body, replace the brown solenoids with the blue ones, replace valve body, replace fluid and you're good to go.

These should be installed next week, I will let you know how it goes and supply you with more pics. Should be a much snappier aggressively shifting monster!

Meech

I have an extra pan, gasket and filter for sale: http://www.300cforumz.com/showthread.php?t=77164

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Firmer more aggressive shifts, read the content above, D, dont only look at the pictures. These are the same that are in the AMG/CLK Series Mercedes Benz Vehicles.

Perhaps when Im done, I can take you for a ride and I will be the first person to make you **** yourself....LOL :)

Meech

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Your car is going to be a beast Meech lol

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I needed the AWD in MA otherwise with the snow I wouldnt be getting very far lol

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
think he is referring to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
Sounds like some serious shifty business going into the "Black Dog". Looking forward to hearing your verdict on the mods.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[FONT=&quot]OPTION II[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mercedes-Benz 722.6 is the same as the Chrysler NAG-1
Start your engine, and insert the dipstick. Make sure it bottoms out. And then check the level.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Using the 140-270-589-15-21-00 dipstick or Miller Tool 9336-A
There are 4 lines on the plastic portion. On a 'COLD' transmission, the level should be close to the 3rd line from the bottom. On a 'HOT' transmission it should be around the 4th line. Remember, this is NOT mission critical to have it exactly on the line! *NOTE* Make sure you do not overfill it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You can use the appropriate Starscan Tool to plug into the OBDII port to check operating temps, but usually 5 minutes with the car’s parking brake engaged and running through the lower gears to the upper gears, reverse and park to achieve desired operating temps.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you are just draining the pan, you should have at least 5 qts on hand, and a new gasket & filter.[/FONT]

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like some serious shifty business going into the "Black Dog". Looking forward to hearing your verdict on the mods.
Sure thing Dave!:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,840 Posts
My only issues with the blue tops is hard and unadjustable downshifts . Hit hard on the way up ( good ) , but downshifts hard on the way down ( not feeling it ) . It is way more cost effective than a valve body ( 6-800 bucks plus install ) however . Let me know how it goes .

·
Registered
425 Posts
meech - i sent you a pm

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My only issues with the blue tops is hard and unadjustable downshifts . Hit hard on the way up ( good ) , but downshifts hard on the way down ( not feeling it ) . It is way more cost effective than a valve body ( 6-800 bucks plus install ) however . Let me know how it goes .
Road racing will require this, as you know Im not a drag racer, going into a corner with a two ton car, I need all the control I can get. It will take some getting used to, and do understand your doubts, but I like to feel the car as Im driving hard.

meech - i sent you a pm
Ok Tom, I will ship on Tuesday
Thanks \
Meech

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Sick man just sick !:smileup:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I took a serious look at the blue tops before I went with the silver box, main reason was I wanted to be able to control the firmness of the shifts. I am eager to hear your feedback on this brotha!

David (351freak) is now doing valve bodies so I have been contemplating those but for now I am going to see, plus his are about $250 less than BB.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts