Chrysler 300 forum banner

Tried Some New Amber/White LED Bulbs.

4K views 46 replies 14 participants last post by  300 Addict 
#1 ·
That's right, white and amber. These bulbs I ordered are from autolumination and although are expensive as hell, do an awesome job lighting up the housing, and probably the brightest, crispest bulb I have tried to date. A perfect bulb for the turn siganals in my opinion. Anyways, here's a video and some pictures of the new LED bulbs:

With parking lights on:

With signals lights activated:

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Damn, that's pretty damn cool!
Thanks man!

Did you have to add any resistors to the blinker circuit, Paul? If so, how much did you add? Or did you get something from the vendor?
I still haven't added resistors lol! Although they do need them to stop the hyper-blinking. The video shows the hazard lights on. I could never figure out why the hazards will blink normally and the turn signals blink fast?

Nice job Paul. Good info there.
Thank you Jon! :smileup:

#9 ·
those are sweet i have not tried them yet. Paul you should try some luxeons leds i think you will like those as well.
Thank you Todd! Yeah, these are pretty expensive($28 each), but so worth it IMO. I had the 63 LED superwhite bulbs in there from ebay, and these are so much better.. and these have only have 48 LED's. The LED chips are far more better in quality and are so much brighter.

I want to try luxeon in my reverse. I saw thread were you put them in your tails a while back. Where did you get them from?

#10 ·
Paul, I'm guessing here but I believe the relay or ballast that controls the emerg. flashers is heavier duty to handle both bulbs at the same time and has additional resistance in it. All you need to do to get your turn signals off crack is to wire in about 8 ohms of resistance to each turn signal circuit. Check with autoillumination..they have some resistance packages all made up and ready to wire in. I'd have some shrink wrap on hand and seal the resistors and connections/wiring to the signals up after you wire them into the circuit.

#11 ·
Paul, I'm guessing here but I believe the relay or ballast that controls the emerg. flashers is heavier duty to handle both bulbs at the same time and has additional resistance in it. All you need to do to get your turn signals off crack is to wire in about 8 ohms of resistance to each turn signal circuit. Check with autoillumination..they have some resistance packages all made up and ready to wire in. I'd have some shrink wrap on hand and seal the resistors and connections/wiring to the signals up after you wire them into the circuit.
Thank you Michael. Makes sense. I wish I didn't have to cut into the stock wiring though. But it looks like it's the only way.

#13 ·
Did you have to do anything to make them light when the turnsigna is off or are they just plug and play?
These are just plug and play. However, you do need to install resistors to slow down the flashing as LED's will cause the system to "hyper flash". I currently have no resistors. The video above is of the LED's with the hazzards on. The turn signals actually blink alot faster when they are on.

#16 ·
Thank you Todd! Yeah, these are pretty expensive($28 each), but so worth it IMO. I had the 63 LED superwhite bulbs in there from ebay, and these are so much better.. and these have only have 48 LED's. The LED chips are far more better in quality and are so much brighter.

I want to try luxeon in my reverse. I saw thread were you put them in your tails a while back. Where did you get them from?
mmm maybe its time for me to dump my 63 or 56 leds for these guys... Anyway i think i bought my luxeons from superbrightleds.com i think thats the site

#18 ·
A simple wire tap will do, Paul. You won't have to really "cut" into the wiring. If you ever decide to go back to non-led signal bulbs, they are easy to open and remove. Then all you have to do is cover the area the taps were attached to.
Thank you Michael! I have a friend here right now that said he's going to help install these for me. I'm not too good with electrical, but I learn little things here and there.

#19 ·
mmm maybe its time for me to dump my 63 or 56 leds for these guys... Anyway i think i bought my luxeons from superbrightleds.com i think thats the site
Cool man! I will check out that site soon!:smileup:

those look good Paul and people should be able to tell that you are turning
Thank you Daniel! I like the fact that they turn yellow rather than just white all the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.