Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive had my system for about a month, if you not familiar with it its 2 10s with a 2600w amp... The subs are facing in the cabin but the trunk still rattles like a nothing else... I finally dynamatted everything i possibly could in the trunk and the license plate and removed the trunk lid liner and the rattle was reduced a little but nowhere near gone... The biggest issue is the trunk lid, vibrates like nuts, now if i lean and put all my weight on the lid it helps a little, so im pretty confident the issue isnt like a panel vibrating its the whole hatch itself, like the latch needs to be tightened or something, anyone experienced this? and fixes?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
No but drawing the lid down a little farther in the closed position should not be that tough. Dodges had a problem with the lid contacting the flat piece of the body so don't pull it down too far.

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
There are adjustment pads on the trunk lid area that you can lower some. Just be careful going to low as it can rub on the bumper. Doing that may help some, but getting every rattle out of the ride with hard hitting subs is almost impossible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know it's an old post, but imma put my two cents in on this topic because I also fought the trunk rattle on my 07 touring. I'm running a 12" alpine type-x on a jl audio jx1000/1d, and the trunk lid was dancing. I adjusted the rubber stops on the lid, adjusted the latch on the body to close a little tighter. There are two bolts you'll see when the lid is open on both sides of the body towards the rear glass, i put foam tape on those, and also, the plastic cover over the latch, I i put foam tape on the back of that. Third brake light still rattles some when i have it really slapping but for the most part my rattle is gone. Maybe this will help someone out because i I know this is a problem with a little or a lot of beat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts