Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Chrysler 300c that I have had for the last 4 years. Traded a guy who wanted my SRT8, so this is my 2nd LX. I only got one remote keyfob with the car and the truck release has never worked since I got the car. The button on the dash works so I just assumes it was the keyfob. The other day I lost my key and had to call a locksmith to replace it. While he was in route I found the key so he ended up just making me a spare. I was hoping when he made the new one, the trunk release would work, but it doesn't work on the new keyfob either.
He suggested a fuse, but I would assume that would be the issue if neither the key or dash button worked. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi, assumming the option is in the car, I would do has follow,
1st open the key fob and use an eraser to clean the copper connector on the PCB. Also check the rubber and see if it is missing a little metal disk use to make the electric onnection. You can also use the eraser to clean it, just be gentle. you could use Simple Green and a cotton swab, since mostly it's carbon build up. Simple Green is very good to clean carbon :3.

2nd I would try a different battery.

3rd I would check the dash button, it did happend to me that it pop out, the switch might be to far to work, or broken. With a multimeter you can test the button, Use the conductivity option and press the button when the system is off.

4th try to see if a cable in the truck is broken or corroded.

If nothign work I would assume 2 thing, 1 the controler in the car is broke or the key is deffective. Since the button in the dash is defective I would assume it's the car.

Let us know if you have any luck.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not the remote because I got a new replacement remote and it does not work on either one.

As for the dash button, it DOES work to pop the trunk

Only the 2 remotes do not work. One remote is brand new.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I know there are different keyfob that have different option turn on and off. But they still use the same PCB. It could be that keyfob does not have the option. It could have been replace in the past with a key that has less option or more and is not using them. Or it was damage and the copy got the same program error. I think your best bet is to seek a Professional Automotive Locksmith, and see if the key can be reprogram properly with the option or tested for defect. Or have the dealer order new ones and have them reprogram. They Should be able to test the keyless control module on the car and determine if it's working correctly. Or they will probably assume it's all bad and make you replace the whole thing, ($$)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts