Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought 16 of the E3 plugs that are made for the 5.7 hemi. (ran them in a boat before and they rocked) I have never pulled the two bolts of of the ignition boot (or whatever covers each set of plugs) before,....after removing the teo bolts, does it simply pull up?....I started pulling and there was some resistance, so I got scared and stopped....HELP anyone?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that did it...thanks....so fuse #11 for a 2007 300c or is discinnect of the battery a better way to ensure reset??

fuse #11 for a 2007 300c or is discinnect of the battery a better way to ensure reset??

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
fuse #11 for a 2007 300c or is discinnect of the battery a better way to ensure reset??
No need to reset the battery, just pull fuse 11 from the front fuse box for like 10 seconds.
Make sure u pull the right fuse because the order of the fuse numbers on the cover are a mirroed image.

·
Premium Member
7,746 Posts
so you have to reset the comp by pulling fuse 11 for changing sparkplugs? for some reason that doesnt make sense to me..

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
so you have to reset the comp by pulling fuse 11 for changing sparkplugs? for some reason that doesnt make sense to me..

No...you don't have to...but he is assuming that the spark plugs are going to give a performance increase...and upgrading performance it's a good idea to reset the pcm.

Most likely changing the spark plugs is either going to lose performance or create knock retarding.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
changing plugs will lose performance or create knocking?....I'm lost

changing plugs will lose performance or create knocking?....I'm lost

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No...you don't have to...but he is assuming that the spark plugs are going to give a performance increase...and upgrading performance it's a good idea to reset the pcm.

Most likely changing the spark plugs is either going to lose performance or create knock retarding.
any thoughts here would be appreciated. I changed plugs, (E3 for hemi) and a CAI (airhammer).....why would changing plugs harm performance or create knock retarding????

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Im also lost on this Mike.
What the hell u talkin about?
I changed my plugs about a thousand miles ago and I felt no performance loss and I would of known when I went to the track.

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
Im also lost on this Mike.
What the hell u talkin about?
I changed my plugs about a thousand miles ago and I felt no performance loss and I would of known when I went to the track.

Did you change them to a non standardized plug? Most likely the loss on an incorrect spark plug change would only be 2-3hp as long as it wasn't too off.

The factory spark plugs were chosen for specific reasons. Unless they are aged and need to be changed due to tune up time it's just wasting money. Or, if you are running enough mods to go to a colder plug to actually make it run properly.

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
any thoughts here would be appreciated. I changed plugs, (E3 for hemi) and a CAI (airhammer).....why would changing plugs harm performance or create knock retarding????

As long as they are not colder/hotter, have different gaps than stock you won't notice an issue at all. But then you won't have done anything other than wasted money getting the same performance as stock either. Our computers are much smarter than you think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts