Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the Chrysler fam and I technically haven't bought it yet. Just thought id shoot a question onto here. I'm looking at a 2017 Chrysler 300S, and omw home from work today the screen kind of almost took over like it had a mind of its own switching and changing settings on its own, and I was just wondering if and how you guys have fixed this issue. From what I've read its the screen needing to be replaced. If that's what is needing to happen, how much did it cost or did the warranty cover the charge? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Very common issue. Unless you have some sort of extended warranty, it will not be covered.

If you drive into a stealership for the work, you can expect to pay somewhere around $1200-1500 USD.

If you pull the unit out yourself and send it in for repair, figure on roughly $400-750.

If you pull the radio and swap the screen yourself, you're looking at something like $250-300 for a new screen from that big auction site.

The screen problems are just one of the reasons we call this system "FUConnect".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I kind of assumed i had that much figured out as far as issue and repair pricing, however I didn’t think about those other routes of fixing it so I appreciate that.

To add to what you had said about warranty, I planned on purchasing an extended warranty with the car so maybe that will be something warranty will cover. If it turns out that warranty wont be taking care of that I’ll have to check out some of the other suggestions you’d informed me of.

I’d also like to ask, is this a problem that will keep happening even after replacement and all of that mess? I’m going to assume so since its just replacing the screen with another one. The 300 in question only has 17k miles is that typically to your knowledge when it starts happening or is it a luck of the draw type situation?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I’d also like to ask, is this a problem that will keep happening even after replacement and all of that mess? I’m going to assume so since its just replacing the screen with another one. The 300 in question only has 17k miles is that typically to your knowledge when it starts happening or is it a luck of the draw type situation?
Good question. I've never made a study of that. As far as I know, it's caused by manufacturing defects. Some fail, and some don't, regardless of mileage.

If it happens to me, I won't hesitate to repair it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The replacement screen glass replacement part number is LA0804X01. There are videos on YouTube on how to replace it. It doesn't look very hard at all and it will save you big bucks instead of going to the dealer.

·
Registered
2020 300S 5.7L, Alloy Edition, Black on Black
18 Posts
Disregard ALL advice until you preform a ‘soft reset’ (hard reset as a last resort). FCA changed radio vendors a number of times over the years, although the head units look nearly identical. My 2020 300S has a Panasonic unit - phone UConnect directly with your info to find out what the correct reset procedure is for your unit. UConnect has been priceless in getting my 2020 system sorted out.
Product Vehicle Communication Device Font Gadget

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very common issue. Unless you have some sort of extended warranty, it will not be covered.

If you drive into a stealership for the work, you can expect to pay somewhere around $1200-1500 USD.

If you pull the unit out yourself and send it in for repair, figure on roughly $400-750.

If you pull the radio and swap the screen yourself, you're looking at something like $250-300 for a new screen from that big auction site.

The screen problems are just one of the reasons we call this system "FUConnect".
Cadillac is worse. I've yet to have a problem on my 15 300 or my 17 Ram. My 13 xts is a nightmare. I've replaced the screen and still have issues. The navigation is lost.

·
Registered
2020 300S 5.7L, Alloy Edition, Black on Black
18 Posts
Cadillac is worse. I've yet to have a problem on my 15 300 or my 17 Ram. My 13 xts is a nightmare. I've replaced the screen and still have issues. The navigation is lost.
I’m nearly brand new to the touch screen stuff. Recalling the 1987-1989 Buick Riviera was the first car that I’m aware of to offer a touch screen option. Reportedly trouble prone. My 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat with Sync 3.4 and my 2020 300S with UConnect 8.4 v.4 are my first experiences with touch screens, having jumped from a 2004 Mercury Marauder/2005 Mustang GT to the 300. Made the move from a 2006 Ford Ranger Supercab 4wd to my 2019 Lariat Super Crew Cab 4wd.

UConnect v.5 is due in 2022.

The Sync has only gotten buggy once in 2.5 years, shortly after the 3.4 update - ’soft reset’ exorcised the bugs. I will have owned 300 one year next month - has gotten buggy twice - ‘soft reset’ cured UConnect both times.

The 1987 - 1989 Riviera touchscreen (the beginning):
Output device Computer Gadget Clock Gas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts